My free N-Line shelf install

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks nice. I have been asked by a couple of fellow riders if I could produce a similar product as they are no longer being produced. I could if there was enough interest. I would need to borrow/buy a shelf kit so I could reverse engineer it.
I have a brand one on my farkle shelf you can borrow.
Willing to part with the brand new one on your farkle shelf as you may not be using it??? If so I might even be able to pick it up as I might be moving to Canton, Ga in the next 30-60days.
Sorry, mine isn't for sale. I only offered to loan it to Gary for design.

Good luck with the move!

I would be willing to make some up. I will PM Chuck to pursue. I'll keep this thread informed of my progress. I'm sure my wife won't mind me getting busier...
rolleyes.gif

Actually mine is sitting in my garage at the moment. Found someone with a trade, my stock windshield for his VStream shield. On the ride home, the corner of the shelf put a little scratch in the shield. At rest the shield has clearance but once the wind starts pushing back on the shield it makes contact, so off it came.

Still trying to decide if I like the shield. It may come off and the shelf goes back on, I don't know. I'm also doing the dumbphone test right now so I don't need the extra mount at the moment.

But, something to think about for those with aftermarket windshields.

Rifle is reputed to be the cadillac of fjr windshields. I am most happy with mine.

It comes with a spacer block that moves the shield forward a good bit.

Yea, I was actually very happy with my stock shield...but I'm short, so my head is mostly out of the turbulence. The deal was right on this one so I went for it to try it.

Soon enough, it'll be hot enough to get me to finish my cut down shield and mount it up.

Last edited by a moderator: