My Muth Signal Mirror Install

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustyrains

Reaction score
It's shiny and sparkly. It's a blind spot mirror and signal mirror in one. Really helps nearby drivers see my lane change intentions on the crowded freeway. I like it. Actually intended for autos. It is really bright at the angle it needs to be, less so from the drivers view. I mounted them as far to the inside as I could, since that stock mirror real estate only shows me my shoulders and elbows anyway. Be sure and check the youtube clip. What y'all think?

Youtube clip clip here.

P1010900.JPG

P1010942.JPG

Cool !! I like it.

I bet you won't be leaving those turn signals on inadvertently anymore!! ;)

but I think you need a few more pieces of velcro on that Lame-in'ar Lip... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool !! I like it.

but I think you need a few more pieces of velcro on that Lame-in'ar Lip... :rolleyes:
YEah, I should take the bottom set off. I was "spearmintin"

Cool !! I like it.

Thanks. Yes, I noticed that today. Much less likely to leave my turnys on.

The idea is nice, i've seen these before and the only reason i have not installed them is that i imagine that when the LEDs are flashing inside the little wide-angle mirrors they'll be pretty useless for doing a "double check" glance. But maybe that's just me, for example in my case i fist look over my shoulder to check for traffic, then as i'm about to switch lanes quickly (automatically) glance at the wide-angle mirrors since this is fast and does not distract me from the maneuver, just in case something has changed...

The idea is nice, i've seen these before and the only reason i have not installed them is that i imagine that when the LEDs are flashing inside the little wide-angle mirrors they'll be pretty useless for doing a "double check" glance. But maybe that's just me, for example in my case i fist look over my shoulder to check for traffic, then as i'm about to switch lanes quickly (automatically) glance at the wide-angle mirrors since this is fast and does not distract me from the maneuver, just in case something has changed...
Weird. I do it just the opposite. Check the wide angle then a quick glance over the shoulder. I had these on my K1200LT BMW, only they were a direct OEM mirror replacement. Actually, when the LED's are flashing, they don't obscure or distract from what is in the mirror. They seem to be "louvered", so to speak, so as not to be really bright for the driver. You just kind of "look through" them.

+1 - I'm with dusty. The last thing I do as I begin to lane change is the over the shoulder check. But I also have FZ1 mirrors (which show me what's back there better) and no wide angles.

To be honest, I'd rather have the flashing LEDs without the wide angle mirrors, but that's just me.

If it works for you, that's why it's your bike and I'm glad it's what you want. Especially at night with fast traffic on the DC beltway, I don't want to notice my turn signals, I want my full focus on what's around me. I too fully swivel my head and have that habit in the car, too.

I've thought a number of times about putting a 5" LED strip on the outside curvature of the mirror to enhance people being able to see my intentions. Someday maybe, but till then my Givi 52 is lit up with both brakes and turn signals like an inner city Goldwing.

Very nice!-meeself, I'm to cheap to spring for the Muth-I stuck on a pair of arrows from Advance for $15. Mostly to remind the old fart to cancel the signal. I sprayed the wires blue to match and stuck them on under the mirror stalks with specks of trim adhesive.