My New 3P6-W4612-01-00

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seasoned FJR Owners That Have Memorized the FJR Model Year Matrix: The 5JW-W4612-00-00 is all well and good, but for the total idiotic moron Gen 1 owner the 3P6-W4612-01-00 goes to a big freaking ZERO.

Sorry my friend, I couldn't resist. When you lob a gift like this right down the center of the plate peeps is going to swing for the fence! This thread should get highly entertaining by those not askerd of you.

:tease:

Maybe you can barter for a Shorai battery!
What a great idea! Hot deal, today only: A pair of lightly used Shorai's for the price of 1 final drive. Maybe your final drive will be more effective at starting my FJR...

Anyway, sorry to hear of your dilemma. Hope ya can find a good deal on a Gen 1 pumpkin asap.

Gary

darksider #44

Just think how many BMW owners would have loved to find a spare final drive for 180 bucks!!!!
I read 'Final Drive' and nearly had an anxiety attack!

My Inner Worry-wart started screaming "The Teutonic Plague has mutated! The Morlacks are coming! Come to the Pavillion!"

Think I'll go for a ride.

Well hell.

I was hoping that Iggy started an ABS thread or sumpthin' fun.

But, NNOOOOO.

Shit.

Iggy - just go get a Gen II swingarm to swap out and you'll be good to go.

Don't forget to put in fresh battery juice, of course.

Unless you put in a Shorai. Then you just need heated grips - aftermarket, of course - and a batter warmer.

Why dont you see what it cost to have a shaft made at a machine shop or have that one shortened? I bet the cost is is reasonable

It would do him no good. He was looking for a taller ratio, when in fact this piece has the same ratio. The Gen II ratio change was upstream of this assembly, thus his whole purpose in attempting the swap in the first place just completely went away.

It would do him no good. He was looking for a taller ratio, when in fact this piece has the same ratio. The Gen II ratio change was upstream of this assembly, thus his whole purpose in attempting the swap in the first place just completely went away.
says Mr '03 with the lowest ratio ever
Same as your '04 ratio......

Well, it can't be a total failure. Can't Iggy go to the Venture forum and sell it for goo moolah? Since the Venture guys have a hard time sourcing them...

Looks like you want an '84 or newer final drive from a Venture (and/or V-Max?). Older ones can be had relatively cheap on Flea-bay. Might be worth a few bucks to pick one up and compare to the one you just bought (Hey, in for a penny, in for a pound- I'm always pretty free with other people's money.)

Theoretically a bolt-on? Later ones look identical to the FJR, with the shock mount boss drilled and tapped.

From what I've read, the VMax final drive is the same 3.66 (33/9) ratio the FJR has. The Venture final drive is the one to get for low level flying!

Who's going to be the first...probably work better on a GEN I.

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you want an '84 or newer final drive from a Venture (and/or V-Max?). Older ones can be had relatively cheap on Flea-bay. Might be worth a few bucks to pick one up and compare to the one you just bought (Hey, in for a penny, in for a pound- I'm always pretty free with other people's money.)
Theoretically a bolt-on? Later ones look identical to the FJR, with the shock mount boss drilled and tapped.

Somebody looked into it. Didn't work for some reason.

There's a thread around here somewhere...........

What, I have to do ALL the searching around here????
Yep you do! This is the thread I remembered.

Sounds like the best alternative is to swap the Venture gear set into a donor FJR final case...providing there aren't any more differences that might derail it.

--G

You know it isn't going to be that easy George. Gotta be a seal and a bushing or two that are going to complicate things. :grin:

You know it isn't going to be that easy George. Gotta be a seal and a bushing or two that are going to complicate things.
grin.gif
You're probably right Bust. My superior GEN II doesn't need any taller gearing anywho!
bye.gif
tonguesmiley.gif

--G