My New Bill Mayers Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lfmn16

Reaction score
I bought a new Bill Mayers seat at 25% off. So far so good. I think the color will look good when it's broken in, but I wanted it to look a little more buckskin color.

FJR003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Let us know how you like it after a long day in the saddle. I'm still trying to decide which way to go on a seat.

People will talk about it. You need to come up with a good story, like "I shot it myself" or "that's my ex-wife ... she loved riding but died from XZY, she's riding me all the time".

That seat is a really striking color. Never seen one like that. Wonder how it would look on the black cherry FEEJER.

Gary

darksider #44
I got some leather samples and sat them on the saddle trying to imagine how they would look. It bet that color would look great with black cherry.

Thanks to all for all the comments. We'll see how I feel about it at the end of the summer, but so far I'm liking it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had my first longish ride with the significant other. She LOVES the seat. I really like it too. I think I may finally be able to sell the Road Star! I've been hanging on to it because she did not like going out on the FJR. I'm also liking the color more. If I can go to the FJR meeting, I won't have any problem picking mine out of a crowd!

Next question - is there a reasonably priced passenger backrest available for the FJR? All of the ones I've seen have been $300+

Thanks. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Bill Mayers seat again.