My new riding partner

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vics to chicken to ask so I will for him.
Would you settle for a Baby Ruth, a half eaten Pay Day and a bag of Flaming Hot Cheetos?
I'd go for the PayDay and Cheetos, but never been a big fan of Baby Ruths since "Caddyshack".

Make it a Butterfinger and the deal is done!! :D

bill-murray-caddyshack-baby-ruth-200sq.jpg

Yeah, Vic was mysteriously silent this time around.
punk.gif

Vics to chicken to ask so I will for him.

Would you settle for a Baby Ruth, a half eaten Pay Day and a bag of Flaming Hot Cheetos?
I'd go for the PayDay and Cheetos, but never been a big fan of Baby Ruths since "Caddyshack".

Make it a Butterfinger and the deal is done!! :D

[img=[URL="https://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/gutcheck/bill-murray-caddyshack-baby-ruth-200sq.jpg%5D"]https://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/gutcheck/bill-murray-caddyshack-baby-ruth-200sq.jpg][/URL]

Yeah, Vic was mysteriously silent this time around. :punk:
You guys crack me the **** up! I can't keep a straight face responding to the two of you. I'm a whimp, going against the Mighty Duo!
You guys will squash me like a bug. I'll lose My Mojo, My Dignity, My Mystique, My Nutz! Can't let that happen. :))

Last edited by a moderator:
She loves the NC700X and yes, she's 6' tall with freakishly long legs so our problem was finding a bike that was tall enough for her. The seat height of the NCX actually seems to be a bit higher than my FJR. She had a heck of a time during the MSF course riding the little Rebel 250 cruisers they provided. I bought a set of Givi side cases for her bike. Just had them off for those pics but looking forward to some longer touring trips. Have heard of some of the shorter NC700X riders lowering their bikes so that might be an option to consider for your wife too if you're concerned about HP of the 500. The NCX has a very low center of gravity because the gas tank is actually under the seat and fills from under the passenger pillion. There is a front-trunk (frunk) where the gas tank should be that is large enough to hold a full face helmet. Also after much deliberation, she opted for the DCT model which is the full automatic 6-speed tranny. It also has a "sport" mode and you can manually paddle shift it as well. No clutch, no shifter. I rode it home from the dealer and once I stopped trying to find the clutch and shifter which weren't there, it really was quite fun to ride.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Right now she is riding a Triumph Sprint ST. It's working out OK. With a bit too much sag dialed in she can flatfoot it. But at ~500lbs, it's too heavy for her to comfortably move, either walking the bike, paddling backward out of a parking spot, etc. But it does have hard bags, decent wind protection, that smooth triple engine, and she even finds it reasonably comfortable. So not giving up on it yet. But what can you get in the U.S. that is ~400lbs, at least 60HP, has bags, wind protection, and comfort? It's rather a short list indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:
She loves the NC700X and yes, she's 6' tall with freakishly long legs so our problem was finding a bike that was tall enough for her. The seat height of the NCX actually seems to be a bit higher than my FJR. She had a heck of a time during the MSF course riding the little Rebel 250 cruisers they provided. I bought a set of Givi side cases for her bike. Just had them off for those pics but looking forward to some longer touring trips. Have heard of some of the shorter NC700X riders lowering their bikes so that might be an option to consider for your wife too if you're concerned about HP of the 500. The NCX has a very low center of gravity because the gas tank is actually under the seat and fills from under the passenger pillion. There is a front-trunk (frunk) where the gas tank should be that is large enough to hold a full face helmet. Also after much deliberation, she opted for the DCT model which is the full automatic 6-speed tranny. It also has a "sport" mode and you can manually paddle shift it as well. No clutch, no shifter. I rode it home from the dealer and once I stopped trying to find the clutch and shifter which weren't there, it really was quite fun to ride.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Right now she is riding a Triumph Sprint ST. It's working out OK. With a bit too much sag dialed in she can flatfoot it. But at ~500lbs, it's too heavy for her to comfortably move, either walking the bike, paddling backward out of a parking spot, etc. But it does have hard bags, decent wind protection, that smooth triple engine, and she even finds it reasonably comfortable. So not giving up on it yet. But what can you get in the U.S. that is ~400lbs, at least 60HP, has bags, wind protection, and comfort? It's rather a short list indeed.
Sure there is:

IMAG0481.jpg

That's a 2001 SV650 with a little Givi screen. We have a bigger one in the garage. Also have SW Motech quick-detach sidecase carriers and Givi N21's. 363 lbs, ~65 hp. With the aftermarket seat (Sargent I think) it's pretty short between the legs. Just the way my wife likes it.