My new toy hauler!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very cool. I have a 6x12x6'6" with all the diamondplate side protection assisted rear ramp door etc. I use mine mainly for dirt bikes but have used it to transport the FJR to the dealer etc. Works great. Lay out the need for the placement of the bikes carefully so you don't have to move it all around. I love mine. I just need the single torsion flex axel. rides very nice.

very cool. I have a 6x12x6'6" with all the diamondplate side protection assisted rear ramp door etc. I use mine mainly for dirt bikes but have used it to transport the FJR to the dealer etc. Works great. Lay out the need for the placement of the bikes carefully so you don't have to move it all around. I love mine. I just need the single torsion flex axel. rides very nice.
Yeah, it's only going to carry 2 bikes. It's a 12L X 7W X 6H tandem axle. I had a 6 X 10 Wells Cargo single axle before and it was a little tight with 2 bikes side by side. That extra foot really helps. The tandem axle rides so much better also! I've only pulled it 260 mi. but it was a major improvement with the tandem & V-nose.

I have similar trailer, Carson 'Racer' 16'. I built a bike chock that goes across the width of the trailer just behind the side door. The only reason I mention it that on my chock, the wheel spacings are not moveable. Originally, the trailer was desinged for hauling dirt bikes so I used the handlebar to handlebar measurements + 2" for to determine wheel centerlines on the chock.

Now that I want to haul street bikes, the wheel spacing is incorrect. The street bikes are so much wider..

My next build will have the chocks 'moveable' so that both the street bikes and dirt bikes will fit. Sorry for no pix but I don't have digital camera yet.

Not sure what you plan to do, but thougt you might benefit from my mistake.

Last edited by a moderator: