my PCIII opinion

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm talking about the zero throttle position and changing those numbers. It's the left side vertical column in the program. If your bike is fine with them at zero, IMO I would not change anything. Again, I have the AE.

I'm talking about the zero throttle position and changing those numbers. It's the left side vertical column in the program. If your bike is fine with them at zero, IMO I would not change anything. Again, I have the AE.
818Guy, Thanks for clarifying. This might be related. While my PCIII runs great with the stock map. I may be sensing a slight lean surging condition around 3800-4300 rpm at about 75-85mph. This is mostly at sea level, when it is in the low 60's, so the air is dense, exacerbating any lean condition. When the temps go up, I think the condition goes away. Or when I am at 65mph or 85+ mph, or accelerating mildly, the condition goes away.

I was debating putting the laptop, hooked up on the tank bag, so I could get an exact reading on the throttle position, so I could richen it up at the right settings.

Anybody else sense a lean surge under these conditions? I was debating richening the 2% and/or 5% column at these RPM's, but maybe the 0% column needs some attention as well. Any ideas?

FYI, the bike is a stock 06 with stock PCIII map

Last edited by a moderator:
Please let us know your opinion after you change the throttle setting to "17". :rolleyes:
I dunno, should I post a novel like you did with my turn-by-turn route and experience in each gear? :rolleyes:

:****:
If you can write in detail...it's OK cause the rest of us don't have ADD. :lmaosmiley: :asshat:

Last edited by a moderator:
818Guy, Thanks for clarifying. This might be related. While my PCIII runs great with the stock map. I may be sensing a slight lean surging condition around 3800-4300 rpm at about 75-85mph. This is mostly at sea level, when it is in the low 60's, so the air is dense, exacerbating any lean condition. When the temps go up, I think the condition goes away. Or when I am at 65mph or 85+ mph, or accelerating mildly, the condition goes away.

I was debating putting the laptop, hooked up on the tank bag, so I could get an exact reading on the throttle position, so I could richen it up at the right settings.

Anybody else sense a lean surge under these conditions? I was debating richening the 2% and/or 5% column at these RPM's, but maybe the 0% column needs some attention as well. Any ideas?

FYI, the bike is a stock 06 with stock PCIII map
I don't think tweaking the 0% throttle column will do anything for your lean surge. I also don't think that tweaking this column would have any effect on anyone's mileage, unless they figured out a way to ride around with the throttle fully closed. The only things that it should do is effect the on/off and off/on throttle transitions and also effect the engine braking effect under trailing throttle.

You are probably right that to get the correct throttle column you'd need to either hook up a laptop or palm pilot, or take a guess. You could also try bumping the buttons as they effect several columns at once.

I have not yet installed mine (just bought it). My primary goals will be to eliminate the lean surging at cruising speeds and improve the on/off/on throttle transitions.