My very first farkle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
claudio.jpg

Oh great! Sheep with bells . . . . . . . . . . . . . Stiletto's weren't enough huh?I guess it's time to let the neighborhood assn build that 8' fence around us. I'm tired of fightin' the system.
:lol:

Well, Howie, I gotta say this "gremlin bell" thing is the corniest load of crap I've ever seen. I guess next, you'll knit a little mitten for it, ...and give it a name.

Anyone with even a partial grip on reality knows that in order to keep your bike safe and rolling

down the road, you need one of those little angel coins.

Mine is silver, and the angel (Judy) has a happy face and stubby wings.

Oh great! Sheep with bells . . . . . . . . . . . . . Stiletto's weren't enough huh?I guess it's time to let the neighborhood assn build that 8' fence around us. I'm tired of fightin' the system.
:lol:

Well, Howie, I gotta say this "gremlin bell" thing is the corniest load of crap I've ever seen. I guess next, you'll knit a little mitten for it, ...and give it a name.

Anyone with even a partial grip on reality knows that in order to keep your bike safe and rolling

down the road, you need one of those little angel coins.

Mine is silver, and the angel (Judy) has a happy face and stubby wings.
Let me refer you to post #20 in this thread.... :p

Gotta tell ya a quick story. One of my earliest posts on the forum, Four Years Ago, was about the day I met the former owner of my 04.

He had epoxied a penny to the top of the gas cap...right on the flap you lift up to get to the key slot. He had put it their for luck.

About a month after I had the bike, I'm filling up the tank one day and the penny falls off. Bad glue job, I guess. I put the penny in my glove box, fully intent on keeping it as long as I keep the bike, in memory of good ol' Bob Carter, the octogenarian who sold me my beloved Frankenbike.

It sits there to this day. It will stay, along with the gremlin bell from Patriot. And I AM thinking of naming the bell......Old Michael sounds like a good choice.

DONE!!!

Thanks for the suggestion. :finger:

:wub:

'Howie

After reading that I can honestly say I've now heard everything.
A horse is a horse, of course, of course,

And no one can talk to a horse of course

That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous Mr. Ed.

Go right to the source and ask the horse

He'll give you the answer that you'll endorse.

He's always on a steady course.

Talk to Mr. Ed.

People yakkity yak a streak and waste your time of day

But Mister Ed will never speak unless he has something to say.

A horse is a horse, of course, of course,

And this one'll talk 'til his voice is hoarse.

You never heard of a talking horse?

Well listen to this.

I am Mister Ed.

Thanks for the suggestion. :finger:

Very superstitious, writing's on the wall,Very superstitious, ladders bout' to fall,

Thirteen month old baby, broke the lookin' glass

Seven years of bad luck, the good things in your past.

oo When you believe in things that you don't understand,

Then you suffer,

Superstition ain't the way

Very superstitious, wash your face and hands,

Rid me of the problem, do all that you can,

Keep me in a daydream, keep me goin' strong,

You don't wanna save me, sad is my song.

When you believe in things that you don't understand,

Then you suffer,

Superstition ain't the way, yeh, yeh.

Very superstitious, nothin' more to say,

Very superstitious, the devil's on his way,

Thirteen month old baby, broke the lookin' glass,

Seven years of bad luck, good things in your past

When you believe in things that you don't understand,

Then you suffer,

Superstition ain't the way, no, no, no
You guys shoulda got those bells last year... :****:

First rode my bike, did not have a bell. Would not buy a bell for it, always told that it had to be given to ya.

Wifey started riding, bought her a bell the first day of bike...Day later she bought me one...all was right to put it on then.

Who knows, not superstitious, but Kharma is Kharma...take what you can get.

Tops to you Patriot and for you to RadioHowie for putting it out here for us to see and know...

Given howies recent departure from riding, this would be most approiate

Welcome back,

Your dreams were your ticket out.

Welcome back,

To that same old place that you laughed about.

Well the names have all changed since you hung around,

But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)

Here where we need ya (Here where we need ya)

Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've hot him on the spot, welcome back,

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.

He had epoxied a penny to the top of the gas cap...right on the flap you lift up to get to the key slot. He had put it their for luck.
It sits there to this day.

'Howie
So am I missing something here?

Penny for good luck leads to

Imploded engine.

Now you're putting a good luck bell on your bike? :blink:

I actually had one on a previous bike, but the tinkling drove me nuts so I took it off. Hmmm, maybe I'm a Gremlin? :glare:

but the spirit in which it is given, and from where it came, is very meaningful to me and will ride with me for protection for many, many miles and smiles to come.
Thanks Mike! :thumbsupsmiley: You da best!
you're very welcome

<but if you kiss me on the lips, I'll retaliate...ah, run screaming like a girl>
Good one Mike. It was right that it came from you.

I had two a buddy gave me; one disappeared from the frame of the FJR pronto. The second heavier brass one came back shredded after a spirited run. Haven't gotten another. Howie, the picture is fuzzy, but is it mounted near the radiator?

I wish both of you gremlin free rides.

I've had one on a few of my bikes. As others have said someone else needs to buy it for you for it to work (as by the tale any way lol). If someone gets me one I'll run it on the bike.

My brother's GF got her license this summer and bought a 250cc Fag-alike, with obnoxious pipes and everything, despite our telling her she'd want more. I bought her a bell. She wants another bike. The world keeps turning.

My brother's GF got her license this summer and bought a 250cc Fag-alike, with obnoxious pipes and everything, despite our telling her she'd want more. I bought her a bell. She wants another bike. The world keeps turning.
Remind her that people in hell are clamoring for ice water and to STFU. :p

Remind her that people in hell are clamoring for ice water and to STFU. :p
Those folks may be alright for awhile

This season, when the Saints win a game, the temperature down there has cooled off 10 degrees and the trend is continuing...