N.Y.C. 2006 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zorkler

Ave U !!!!
Reaction score
Went to central park (n.y.c) to see the new fjr today also alot of high end cars the type you dont see on the road a real nice benz with 610 h.p. and a 566k price tag . oh yea on the new fjr the color is a much darker blue than the 05 also the seat seen a little thicker than the 05 . yamaha was listening to somebody with there improvments bars adjustments , heat mods buy the way you have to un screw the side panels (they are 5 inches long and maybe 2 inches wide ) and there are 3 flange adjustments to displace the heat i did not see the panel off this was explained to me by a yamaha person . the screen seems a bit wider . also instead of air comeing off the front fairing there are 2 ducts one on each side of the headlights to get the air going into the engine . i really like the new tack and speedo .they did not have the no clutch bike there was told oh yea its on the west coast give me a break a multi million if not billion dollar co. and they dont have 2 bikes to go around .I ask if you can shift the bike from any gear in to neutral and the guy said oh i really dont no . For n..y.c. on a beautiful sunday afternoon there was 1 person at the yamaha section when i got there and about 50 people looking at the cars did i say it was 30 bucks to get in . and it was FREE if you showed them a motorcycle key . if i had to pic between the 05 and 06 right now i would go with the 2006 .

Thanks for the comments. I would have liked to be there, not only for the FJR but also to drool around some of the fancy cars. There is never enough time......

there was also a give away for a ten buck donation you can win a 2006 fz1 i am not sure iif thats the correct number also a audi 4 door for a 50 buck donation to katrina

Zorkler - Did you take any pictures of the Cobalt Blue? I'm wondering how much different it is in real life compared to the Galaxy Blue.

Pictures, pictures, we need pictures!

How come on the Yamaha site it only lists Cerulian Silver as the color?

Tom