NAFO and IBR on alternate years

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or you could have a Wednesday and Thursday focused on riding events, and not banquets... that could allow folks to do GZs rides and still make the meals, and maybe some longer non SS or BBG rides that they might hesitate to do for missing dinner.
Hmmmmm, there is something to be said for extending the discount room rates, if that is possible. Many people are at the event 1 or 2 days early and do ride the posted routes (I remember FJRchooser was at WFO-3 early because he came down and joined in "Madmike's Peak-to-Peak" ride to Mt. Saint Helens). That'd be up to El Jeffe to bargain for once a venue is selected. Besides, the early arrivers could try the local restaurants and post a "rating: tried and tasted" for the rest of us. :D

Keep the banquets and vendors on a Friday/Saturday schedule, and offer ride suggestions for those days too. Or maybe alternative activities...
Good thinking, Grooooo....er, Gunny!

I'm all for adding a couple of days along the lines of Groo's suggestion. There could be rides and installs each day so that people could do both rides and installs instead of trying to cram into one or another. And if there are more people to buy more farkles then maybe the vendors would add an extra day - maybe they could even get in a ride or two without cramming them in between installs/sales.

And a beer tent or something similar near the bikes where we could sit under the shade of canvas watching the installs while quaffing sudsy beverages and swapping war, er, riding stories... :russian:

Hope to not open a can of worms: Might NAFO eventually settle into a fixed location like some of the other gatherings do?

Somehow the idea of encouraging alcohol consumtion and riding doesn't sound like a good way to impress the public where we will be gathering. There is enough of that in front of every tavern in the country. Don't get me wrong, I got nothing against drinking, it just doesn't need to be so closel linked to our bikes and gatherings. Flame On. :D

Everyone just sit back and relax. I will reveal the answer in due time. When that time comes, the answer shall be revealed. By me. In time. Sit back. Relax. Ahhhhhhhh.....

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
OK people. I think we are about done here. Thanks to O'vale for putting the proper spin on this issue. I think for now we need to get through NAFO-1 and all that Event entails.

Thanks for all the ideas and suggestions, but this thread has wound up going round and round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts