NAFO, Dates & City Secured!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coors? Ugh. Life's too short for light beer.
Only 13 replies to get our first complaint. Not bad. Making note of poster's name...

:p

Well, that is the only beer I ever got sick on during high school........

I grew up just south of Golden in Littleton (graduated from Columbine HS) and back in the days the tour of the brewery was pretty neat to see, there was a point where you could have beer that was 3 seconds old! I think things have changed with liabilitities and all but the tour is still cool, regardless of what beer you prefer.

Last edited by a moderator:
As the event date gets closer it would be great to have stratagized routes and times for riders to link up and ride in as groups from different directions.
Like a thread could be started for riders starting from the north left coast will go through Reno at a certain time then SLC then Golden.

Just an idea?
Well, start a new thread. You could head-up the Western Ride-In/Out groups. ;

Good job, Tim.

Since I'm going to be there, can we (meaning you) get to work on the first annual NAFO Go Kart Extreme Champeenchip (no typo) Trophy?

Hmmm?

Just put my name on it now; that way, I can bring it back east as I get out of Dodge.

As the event date gets closer it would be great to have stratagized routes and times for riders to link up and ride in as groups from different directions.
Like a thread could be started for riders starting from the north left coast will go through Reno at a certain time then SLC then Golden.

Just an idea?
Well, start a new thread. You could head-up the Western Ride-In/Out groups. ;

Thanks, I will, I just thought I'd plant the seed and get people thinking about it. And Like I said probably closer to the date.

And I'd also like to extend my personal thanks and gratitude to those that have put forth their own time and effort to organaize such an event!

Well Done!

Good job, Tim.
Since I'm going to be there, can we (meaning you) get to work on the first annual NAFO Go Kart Extreme Champeenchip (no typo) Trophy?

Hmmm?

Just put my name on it now; that way, I can bring it back east as I get out of Dodge.
Well, I'm not the Off-Site Events Coordinator, but I'll be sure and pass it along. A quick Google shows a number of in and outdoor kart tracks in the Denver area, but I think Skooter and Iggy would have something to say about whose name is on the trophy. ;)

Good job, Tim.

Hmmm?

Well, I'm not the Off-Site Events Coordinator, but I'll be sure and pass it along. A quick Google shows a number of in and outdoor kart tracks in the Denver area, but I think Skooter and Iggy would have something to say about whose name is on the trophy. ;)
Tim,

Good point. I should point out, though, that Golden/Denver is well within the "All hat and no cattle" region of the country, so Skooter and Iggy talking smack is to be expected.

Basically, it boils down to me, or Mike-H's Penny. I've dropped 35 lbs, so she's toast. Call the engraver...and an undertaker or two....

Tim,
Good point. I should point out, though, that Golden/Denver is well within the "All hat and no cattle" region of the country, so Skooter and Iggy talking smack is to be expected.

Basically, it boils down to me, or Mike-H's Penny. I've dropped 35 lbs, so she's toast. Call the engraver...and an undertaker or two....
Snerk... I'm bringing the video camera and claim the $10,000 grand prize on AFV! :lol:

Genesee Cream Ale - Hmmmm - Just thinking about those Genesee overdoses in prior years makes my stomach go 'urrrrpp!'

Thanks TWN ! Now to see if I get get my bimmer riding buddy to schedule his vacation time...

Note: anyone making ride routes best not forget the Poudre Canyon road, Route 14 from Fort Collins to Walden. Sweepers, hairpins, up, down, overhangs, overlooks, 1 7/8 lanes, scenic, low traffic except for river rafting bus folks. Gotta gotta !

I'm in! Thanks TWN for going through all the hassle.

Nice loop there Iggy...including the peak to peak highway going north should be good as well.

<securing vacation time for extended Rocky Mountain trip :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: >

Count me in. Anytime I can make a case for riding in the mountains is good. Scheduling vacation post haste.

See y'all there...

--G

Geebuscharist.....nafo's got more changes then a king crimson song.

I'm in! Thanks TWN for going through all the hassle.
Nice loop there Iggy...including the peak to peak highway going north should be good as well.

<securing vacation time for extended Rocky Mountain trip :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: >
I rode a substantial part of the route it on Day 11 of the Iron Butt Rally....in fact....I said to myself, "This would be a good place for a NAFO.........HOLY SHIT!!!!!"

The holy shit part didn't have anything to do with NAFO....it was because of a freakin' elk in my path....but I digress.

The stretch from Winter Park to Estes Park was pretty incredible...even after 11 days of riding.

Status
Not open for further replies.