• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

NAFO Swag for All! ($150 off Glow Rider Jackets)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work
Reaction score
There was a lot of good Swag at NAFO--most folks scored something, and some good stuff too. One donation that wasn't fully used was a stack of coupons from Adaptiv Technologies for $150 off their Glow Rider jackets (jacket only). The jackets all seem to sell for $300, so the coupons put them right at HALF PRICE!

I don't know anything about the product, really, but more lighting is never bad. The website says they're "all season," with armor, liners, vents, and the namesake "Electro-Luminescence technology'" with rechargeable Li batteries. Looks like a pretty decent jacket with a unique feature. I'm not sure why the coupons weren't all picked up, though I don't know how many they donated in the first place. I walked away without the thing I won, and when I got back to the banquet room it had been cleared out except for what I had left behind and a stack of SEVEN of these coupons. So I grabbed them. Didn't want to let a donation like this end up in the trash can.

So if you can use a deal on a glow-in-the-dark jacket--drop me a PM. (I checked with Bob/Intech, the Swag honcho--he said yep, pass them along, BTW.) They're good for one year from the date of NAFO. First 7 PMs with mailing addresses get 'em.

Last edited by a moderator:
PM coming. For the price, it's worth checking out. It would be great if I could get it before NERDS for a nice test run, but time is probably a little too short.

This just got easier, and I saved a few stamps too. LJ asked me in his PM if he needed the certificate itself to claim the discount so he could make it happen faster, so I looked more closely, and saw that each one has its own identifying "certificate number." I double checked with the vendor and they confirmed that that is all they need to give the deal, so if you want one of these, just PM me for your certificate number and you can call them and order the jacket right away. (Four left!)

Look at the website--these jackets look pretty good. If I hadn't been spending money so fast lately getting my new '14 set up, re-shod, and now fixed after dropping it, I'd probably add still another jacket to my own closet.

Just ordered my jacket. I read the reviews, and they all pretty much said that the sizes run small. The gentleman on the phone told me the same. I paid a little extra for shipping ($26 instead of $14) to get it in time for NERDS. I'll do a write up/review when I get back from the trip. I will say that they were very friendly and easy on the phone.

I'm going to bump this thread once in a while just to make sure anybody who's interested can get in on it. Plus I heard from one of the people who asked for a certificate this morning--he's a big guy, and apparently too big for this jacket. Reviews say they run a little small, and only go up to size 2XL. He uses a couple more X's. So I still have five of these things.

EDIT: Since I'm sending the certificate numbers back via PM, no need to include your mailing addy. And I'm down to 4.

Here's a bump. I just googled "Glow Rider review" for the heck of it, and found a couple pretty positive reviews. In fact, now I'm thinking one of these coupons is going to stay with me, but I still have some left. Check out the reviews here and

I'll give this thread one more bump. I've got TWO more of these coupons left. I broke down and ordered one for myself a few weeks ago and I really like the jacket. It's a great weight for cooler weather, especially with the liner in, waterproof, windproof of course, and super visible in the BRIGHT yellow. The glowing/lighted panels work, but that's not the deal maker, IMO, though they do show up in the dark. But the reflective material around the front and back is more valuable for night riding, I think, and the yellow is great for the daytime. Several zippered vents front and back extend it's usefulness up into the warmer months, then I'll go back to my Olympia mesh. Half price is pretty sweet. They were very nice to deal with, by the way. Doesn't anybody want a new hi-viz jacket for Christmas? Drop me a PM.

SacMile, I think there is a limited demand for this product. Unless you ride at night there is no need for this jacket. Battery operated jackets are not too appealing. Can the jacket by plugged into a power outlet?

You're right, Art. I think people are looking at the light part and not the jacket part. The light is a very marginal benefit, although it does show up very well in the dark, but probably doesn't jump out at you under most circumstances. What I've been trying to get across is that it's a very good riding jacket, PLUS it has this lighting feature. Well made, lots of good features, waterproof, super hi-viz (the color alone, though it also comes in black), and it's freaking half price!

I'm pretty surprised how limited the response has been to this offer, both at NAFO, where a stack of these discount coupons was left unclaimed, and here in this thread. I know we all have a closet full of riding jackets, but people still get them occasionally. New people join the forum, young kids start to grow an interest in riding, new girlfriends come on board (Exskibum alone accounts for most of them), people lose weight, people gain weight. I sure don't get a cut from the company for pushing them, but I like mine and just wanted to make sure everybody knew about them.

By the way, the battery is good for 10 hours of use between recharges.

Chiming in on this one. + 1 - I took advantage of this offer and have been very happy with the quality of material, workmanship and features of this jacket even without the night light feature. I concur this jacket is really bright and I exclusively wear HiViz. I really like and own several jackets from the Olympia line of gear and this jacket rivals overall quality when compared with the Olympia units.

Worth consideration in my opinion.

Be safe out there.

Ok, Mike, send me one. I never ordered one because I was worried about the overall quality of the jacket. If that's good, there's no reason not to buy one.