Napa Auto Parts for M/C's?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bokerfork

Reaction score
I can't say with any certainty how widespread this practice is, but the local Napa Auto parts store just informed me that they were carrying assorted motorcycle oils, brake pads, possibly spark plugs etc.

This could simply be because the local Honda/Suzuki dealer closed last year but it could be more widespread.

Just an FYI as a possible "other" source for these types of parts.

YMMV

Mark

I just went and picked up some NGK Iridium spark plugs for my '06 at Advanced Auto Parts, they were $5 cheaper there than they were on BikeBandit.com. Don't know if they carry anything else I could use, but you can be sure I'm going to check when the need arises. Now that I've read this, I'll also check the local Napa store.

Funny this comes up.

I have worked at a Napa store for 23 years... the first 8 full time, and the last (believe it or not) almost 15 just on weekends. I just "retired" from that 2 weeks ago. The Short version...15 yrs ago, I got another job, they wanted me to still work weekends...I got free use of the machine shop, lunch, and parts at cost..and a couple bucks for hobbies, etc.. so I stayed.. new guy bought the store... wasn't a good fit anymore.. so left...now i have time to ride my FJR more :)

Back on topic..

They were beginning to dabble in more bike stuff in past years, I don't know if you can actually buy them yet (I never sold any) but they do show 30 different part numbers for MC brakes, although they aren't listed for an FJR, and I don't see a reverse reference to work it backwards.

They do have...

Direct fit stuff...(can be "looked up" for your bike):

Oil Filters for a lot, (Napa 7356 is supposed to fit FJR)

Batteries

Spark Plugs

Bulbs

A few starters and alternators.

Echlin coils, wires, sensors, fuel injectors and pressure regs, etc.. but only for Harley's...

Timing belts (only for goldwings)

Relays (not direct lookup for anything but hogs.. but a lot of them cross reference for others)

Repair Manuals

Universal stuff:

Fluids (Valvoline, MC oil, antifreeze, gearlube, greases)

Fuses/wire/wire connectors

Horns

Zip Ties

Valve stems/Tire hardware

Tire repair

Jacks/lifts

Tools

Nuts bolts

Fuel filters

Covers

Toggle/Push button switches

And some automotive stuff that could be modified for use...

I've had good luck with NAPA for various stuff, but haven't tried brake pads or major items. Small town, not too many bike shops here, so it's a good option.

My local NAPA dealer in Atascadero, CA, GEM Auto Parts, is phooking Stellar!

Props to them - they stock what I need, even if on 'special order' for example, DL650 WeeStrom filters.

If NAPA is working to supply more mc parts, then it's good for all us motoheads.

Agreed... they do have one amazing distribution infrastructure. It would be nice to be able to get bike parts as easily as car parts.

Another place I frequent is Amazon. I was surprised at what I could get there motorcycle-wise. The nicest thing for me as a Prime member is that the stuff shows up at the door 2 days later, some times in a day if the supplier is close. The shipping is "free", but I did pay $79 to be a Prime member.