Natchez Trace Parkway

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ice Man

Reaction score
I rode the Blue Ridge Parkway 4 years ago (incl the Dragon) -- beautiful part of the country. Thinking about riding the Natchez Trace Parkway in mid October this year - I know it won't compare with the Blue Ridge, however, I understand it is a very nice ride. Anyone ride the NTP? Suggestions?

It is beautiful, slow and heavily enforced by leo's.
My freinds and I rode about 60 miles of it and got bored. We hopped off to ride a little quicker. IF I was a cruising with my SO I might ride it again for her but not my cup of tea.

:blink:

Concur with the comments above... it's a nice bucolic road through some lush greenery, but there's a good bit of LEO presence, and the curves aren't anything to write home about. If you're not in a rush, and it's going your direction, it's a fun road... but it won't change your motorcycling life.

Last edited by a moderator:
I rode the Blue Ridge Parkway 4 years ago (incl the Dragon) -- beautiful part of the country. Thinking about riding the Natchez Trace Parkway in mid October this year - I know it won't compare with the Blue Ridge, however, I understand it is a very nice ride. Anyone ride the NTP? Suggestions?
The upper 30 miles near Nashville are curvy and a good ride. Anything south is pretty straight and boring. I tend to zone out when riding it. When I have ridden it I plan a backroads route on the way back. As the others have said LE is prevelant on the Trace and they are National Park Police so you are not likely to get away with a warning.

i just did a 2K run from St. Louis to the Dragon and back this week. Loved the Dragon and the entire area.

The NTP is beautiful. 300 miles long and 300 yards wide. Slow has it's benifits when it comes to the wildlife on the Trace. Indian mounds, bunch of history and a great cross section of the bio diversity from the mid part of the US to the South. If you are into the Civil War, there are a couple of areas you can jump off and do some serious study. Plan your stops; there are no signs to tell you where the gas stations are or where to stay the night. Watch out for bicycles.