Nationwide is on my side

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvtoride

My Indian name is "Pants On Fire"
Reaction score
I told some people that I am curious how my insurance company plans to handle my claim... & how they handle it will govern whether Nationwide will remain as my carrier after all of this. To date (& they're not done, yet) they've paid out my storage, towing & a check to me for bike repairs.

Well, I just got off the phone with one of the claims adjusters that I've been dealing with who gave me some news that I've wanted to hear. They are going to cover ALL of my gear. Helmet, jacket, pants & gloves. (my boots are still living)

The lady told me that I should buy new & present the receipts & they will reimburse me. I've got to turn my crashed helmet in to them. Ooh, that hurts my feewings... NOT!

Can you say Aerostich? No, but seriously, I'm not going to go WAY overboard but I think that I may look into a 2 piece Darien or Roadcrafter. After that slide on my ass I think that I'd like to have some material that is more substantial that the First Gear pants that I was wearing... not that they didn't do their job... because they absolutely w/o a doubt did what they were supposed to do. I sure will miss my Cycloak jacket, though. Faretheewell Cycloak!!!

Now, next step... let's see how much my rates go up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad they're taking care of you Heidi. Hopefully your rates won't go through the roof now?

JW

Good news indeed. Get this stuff settled and get back on the road before too much of the spring riding season goes to waste.

BTW, I have a one piece Roadcrafter that I wouldn't trade for anything.

I went bouncing across a guy's lawn a couple years ago, digging up a couple pieces of shale from underneath the grass along the way, and I can't for the life of me see ANY damage to the suit.

It's warm in the winter and the vents work well in the summer. Disclosure...I haven't ridden a well-faired bike like the FJR in summer heat yet.

But to say I'd recommend it would be a big understatement. I love the thing. And no, I don't work for Aerostich...

Just don't get the "gray" as I did; It looks greenish. :blink:

The lady told me that I should buy new & present the receipts & they will reimburse me.
The insurance company is picking up the tab for new gear? Alright!

See these guys for really pricey (but worth it) gear:

• Air Mesh II Kevlar Jacket
  • Air Mesh Kevlar Pants
  • Rain Liners
Stronger than the best racing leather. Zero maintenance. One versatile set of gear for all weather - from below freezing to 110 degrees F.

niteshine, I'm familiar w/ the Motoport gear. I've also seen more than 1 unhappy customers that own it or have owned it. I won't be buying any this year... but I sure would love to have a pair of their pants. I'll have a pair in the next year or two... when the expendible bucks grace my pocket.

For sure, I'm getting the Aerostich. Actually, for the versatility, I am ordering a 2 piece.

And with the new shade of gray, it doesn't appear so green. I really don't like green.

Heidi,

you can not go wrong with Aerostich. My wife has a two piece Roadcrafter suit and I have the one piece Roadcrafter. The one piece is way easier to get in and out of, but the two piece is easier for them to fit to a female. The protection they offer is well worth the price , you will be peased with what ever you get. Glad to hear that you are getting geared up. Will you be back on the road in time for EOM? I'm looking forward to doing a ride with you. :yahoo:

Heidi, you can not go wrong with Aerostich. My wife has a two piece Roadcrafter suit and I have the one piece Roadcrafter. The one piece is way easier to get in and out of, but the two piece is easier for them to fit to a female. The protection they offer is well worth the price , you will be peased with what ever you get. Glad to hear that you are getting gearer up. Will you be back on the road in time for EOM? I'm looking forward to doing a ride with you. :yahoo:
Rick, I'm definitely going to be in riding mode come EOM time.... Aerostich in tow. Looking forward to riding w/ you, also.

Heidi