Navigation Bang for the Buck

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumpkin

Reaction score
Any recommendations for a Navigation system around $300 to $400? The Garmins look great but they are very expensive!

Any recommendations for a Navigation system around $300 to $400? The Garmins look great but they are very expensive!
Costco and other places have very good buys on the discontinued Garmin 2730 right now. It comes complete with the GMX antenna for XM radio services. If you don't want XM, resell the antenna (which are currently going for $175-$200) and you'll be into a very nice Garmin GPS for under $400.

Paul Peloquin

Monmouth OR

I got a C330 for just over $300. I haven't had the chance to ride alot with it yet, but I'm liking it so far.

True, how true. But the better stuff is soooo expensive. I went to Dollar General and got a pack of these little shower-cap looking things. You are supposed to use them over a bowl of leftovers or something. I don't know a better way to describe them. They look like a miniature shower cap. Plastic, with elastic. They'll fit right over the little gps and they live in my tank bag so they can be retrieved and installed without stopping. But, the cherry print does look gay.

It is just your basic gps without any extras, but it is my first so it will be fine for me. I don't know enough to even know if the extras would be of any value to me or not. Waterproof would, of course, be the preference but I think I can keep it safe with my little gay cherry shower caps.

And should any of you see my little gps wearing one of these, I better not hear any laughing.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's all I was hoping to spend and it looks like alot of choices Garmin Quest 2 and the 26xx, 27xx

After much reading/debating I chose the Zumo 550 for all the features and ease of use/mounting for car and bike and glad I did. I got in at Abe's of Maine for $670 and am amazed how well it works/attaches to car and bike. Its waterproof and the touch display changes for gloved hand when on bike mount and back to normal when in car mount. Its my first GPS and I'm very pleased with it. I'm amazed at the amount of info i.e. food/gas/hotels/banks/atm's, etc avavilable at the touch of a button. Tons of features i.e. saving points,routes,destinations etc not to mention current speed, altitude. Also has built in mp3 player and XM.

Steve