Need help finding aux light brackets for Gen 3 !

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gas Guy

Reaction score
Helping a friend farkle out his brand new Gen 3 FJR and he is having a problem finding brackets for mounting driving lights.

Can anybody help point us in the direction of a business or individual making and selling these ? Any thing readily available out there ?

Which lights.. There are a couple light specific options.

If the lights haven't been purchased yet, then we can help narrow down the better options along with the brackets.

To be mounted...where? On the front fender? Under the mirrors? Is it an "ES" bike? That will make a difference with the front fender mount.

Not that I have any ideas or can help, I was just curious.
uhoh.gif

I have tried both Garaulds and Dave's Brackets on my Gen 3. I like Dave's better, they vibrated less and pull the lights in closer to the fairing. They both make great stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all of the responses.

Ordered a set of brackets from Gerauld.

Will see how they work out.

Not sure what lights to run yet.

If you mount a set of lights low on the front forks or fender, do not use the flimsy brackets that hold the reflectors. They will break after just a few miles and the vibration will be obvious with the light pattern.

Since the ES has the bolts holding the fender on recessed, some sort of standoff will be required. I used a set of MondoMoto MM10 bullet LEDs and love the lights. I simply got two longer screws and used the nut for a 1/4 inch stainless steel tubing fitting as a spacer. So far I have not had any issues and no one has told me they were ugly. I guess that works.

You can use the reflector brackets but you need to fabricate a brace to stabilize the bracket. I made a simple brace from a piece of aluminium stock. I have Denali DM LED's and they do not vibrate at all. If you would like pics of the set up PM me with your email address and I will send you some photos.