Need help with Calsci windshield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustHoward

Reaction score
Because I have ten thumbs, I'm having a slight problem installing my new Calsci windshield. Specifically, I'm having some problem putting the "W" back on properly. If there are any of you out there who would kindly call me on the toll free number below, I'd sure appreciate it.

Howard Entman

[email protected]

901-767-1680

866-301-3159 (toll free)

Because I have ten thumbs, I'm having a slight problem installing my new Calsci windshield. Specifically, I'm having some problem putting the "W" back on properly. If there are any of you out there who would kindly call me on the toll free number below, I'd sure appreciate it.
Howard Entman

[email protected]

901-767-1680

866-301-3159 (toll free)
It may not be your ten thumbs, the CalSci screen I had was ALWAYS a total bitch to fit, especially the W bracket, somehow it would never sit just right, meaning that the holes for the screws in the bottom of the W bracket never quite lined up. Sure glad I finally swapped it for the CB, which fits like the OEM and doesn't touch anything.

Also, be extra careful the first time you try to lower the screen to full down position, mine made contact with the LHS mirror stem (painted on the GenII) and shave the paint off.

I seem to remember having a bit of a problem mounting my CalSci XL. I ended up inserting all the screws so that they just engaged then took turns going around and tightening each of them slightly until everything was solid. The final fit was perfect. Might have something to do with the curvature of the windscreen.

I seem to remember having a bit of a problem mounting my CalSci XL. I ended up inserting all the screws so that they just engaged then took turns going around and tightening each of them slightly until everything was solid. The final fit was perfect. Might have something to do with the curvature of the windscreen.
I had to use a dremel to ensure the tabs on the "W" fit snug on the windscreen. Took a little trial and error, but the Calsci XL now fits like a champ.