need help with throttlemeister install

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backfill

Reaction score
I bought a used Throttlemeister throttle lock here on the forum. I just got it, but the kit was missing the puller tube, bolt and washer for removing the inner grommet from the handlebar. I have contacted the seller to see if he still has them kicking around, but I am impatient and want to install the throttlemeister.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove the inner grommet without using the puller tube and bolt? I tried using one of the throttlemeister weights and a bolt, but it just squished my grip. So i tried a socket and bolt, but nothing happened.

Before I do something that will screw up my Yamaha heated grips, I thought I would check the collective wisdom of the forum. Does anyone know if using a longer bolt and a narrow deep socket will work? Any other suggestions will be appreciated.

Alternatively, if anyone in the Hamilton, Ontario, area has a Throttlemeister puller tube and bolt that i could borrow, that would also be appreciated.

TIA

cheers,

Phil

(I checked the forum but couldn't find any posts about my particular problem. If I missed them, please point me in the right direction.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a used Throttlemeister throttle lock here on the forum. I just got it, but the kit was missing the puller tube, bolt and washer for removing the inner grommet from the handlebar. I have contacted the seller to see if he still has them kicking around, but I am impatient and want to install the throttlemeister.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove the inner grommet without using the puller tube and bolt? I tried using one of the throttlemeister weights and a bolt, but it just squished my grip. So i tried a socket and bolt, but nothing happened.

Before I do something that will screw up my Yamaha heated grips, I thought I would check the collective wisdom of the forum. Does anyone know if using a longer bolt and a narrow deep socket will work? Any other suggestions will be appreciated.

Alternatively, if anyone in the Hamilton, Ontario, area has a Throttlemeister puller tube and bolt that i could borrow, that would also be appreciated.

TIA

cheers,

Phil

(I checked the forum but couldn't find any posts about my particular problem. If I missed them, please point me in the right direction.)
I love this cruise control farkle. I will check and see if I have my puller and if so, I will mail it to you providing you return it when done. Methinks though you will endeavor to figure out a way not to wait for the mail.

Update: Going to have to retract that offer as I cannot seem to locate the pull kit (my place is kind of in a state of disaster right now).

I have all that stuff in the original box with the original instructions. PM me with an address and Fedex or UPS Acct #. :)
Majicmaker, thanks for offering to help but it will not be necessary. I bought the throttle lock from 1300AE and he actually ordered the puller set directly from Throttlemeister and is having them priority ship it directly to me. I think this is fabulous of 1300AE; I did not ask him to do this. I emailed him I was having problems and he just did it and told me about it afterwards. This is far above and beyond the call of good service. :clapping:

You meet the nicest people on an FJR.

Phil

I have all that stuff in the original box with the original instructions. PM me with an address and Fedex or UPS Acct #. :)
Majicmaker, thanks for offering to help but it will not be necessary. I bought the throttle lock from 1300AE and he actually ordered the puller set directly from Throttlemeister and is having them priority ship it directly to me. I think this is fabulous of 1300AE; I did not ask him to do this. I emailed him I was having problems and he just did it and told me about it afterwards. This is far above and beyond the call of good service. :clapping:

You meet the nicest people on an FJR.

Phil
Cool Beans Backfill :) And your're Right about people who Ride FJR's. :rolleyes:

There's a hot little number down the street from me who will pull ya for 20 bucks.

Shite! Wrong forum :blush2: