Need some help with screen rubber seal.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrpro

Reaction score
Hi there well I put my bike back together after me and my DEER friend had a meeting! Anyhow the rubber seal that forms around the screen motor arms has lost its sticky tape its Item #51 in the pix....I re-used this part on a new front cowl and I used RTV to hold in place. It lasted a week... The rubber is now loose. It seems that if I order a new seal it would come with new tape, But I am not sure. Can I just order the tape? Anyone out there mess with this. Thanks Steve
cowling1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to stick that back on...but a long time ago. I'm fairly sure I used contact cement.

Put on both parts then stick it after the glue dries.

Cheap Bastages! I hope you have to whizz while using that shit then forget to wash off and have to piss again later.

Hugs :lol:

:jester:

I've got one that came off (wadded up on one side) after dash was replaced. Looks hard to get to for repair ? Not going back to that shop after 2nd visit to fix other problems from same replacement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scotch Exterior Mounting (double sticky foam) tape should work. Available at Walmart, auto parts stores.

Hi there well I put my bike back together after me and my DEER friend had a meeting! Anyhow the rubber seal that forms around the screen motor arms has lost its sticky tape its Item #51 in the pix....I re-used this part on a new front cowl and I used RTV to hold in place. It lasted a week... The rubber is now loose. It seems that if I order a new seal it would come with new tape, But I am not sure. Can I just order the tape? Anyone out there mess with this. Thanks Steve
I have the same problem and know of instances where neglecting the now partly loose rubbers can result in a burnt out screen motor when these $%^&*$ get stuck in the travel path.

So my problem is i've been poring over the clear as mud schematic in the FSM (pictured here) and still am not sure which bolts hold the front cowl on.

I've currently already removed the A, B, C & D panels and the lower fairings to perform other install and maintenance tasks. But I'm not sure how to get the front Cowl off, do the two upper fairings need to come off as well?

Would really appreciate some guidance/tips/things to avoid, etc from some folks who've done this before - thx

cowling1.gif

I have the same problem and know of instances where neglecting the now partly loose rubbers can result in a burnt out screen motor when these $%^&*$ get stuck in the travel path.So my problem is i've been poring over the clear as mud schematic in the FSM (pictured here) and still am not sure which bolts hold the front cowl on.

I've currently already removed the A, B, C & D panels and the lower fairings to perform other install and maintenance tasks. But I'm not sure how to get the front Cowl off, do the two upper fairings need to come off as well?

Would really appreciate some guidance/tips/things to avoid, etc from some folks who've done this before - thx
[SIZE=12pt]PM sent.[/SIZE]