Need windshield info?help

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reaction57

Reaction score
Hello All,

Got some questions on the original windshield size from 2006 FJR? According to the Cee Baily's website it said 19hX18w! Well I ordered a windshield from them and when I got it the measurements did not line up! I ordered 4inch wider and 23inch tall! When I called to talk them about it they said they would call me back! When they called back about a hour later they told me it was cut right! Then told me that I had looked at an old website of thiers? When I refreshed my page the sixe changed to 19hX15w!

I personally think they chagned this info to reflect the size they sent me! So I need to know the true size of a stock windshield! Sorry for the lengthy post just trying to get the facts right! Got to go to work! Will read the responses when I get home! Thanks for all the great knowledge! Its greatly appreciated!

On my 08 it's about 19"hX15"w!
+1!
So did Cee Baily's have the wrong size listed? Then realized it after complaints from customers? Well if its right

then its right and I will have to run it! Whats the widest windshield anyone is running? And does it have to be a

special size order? Again and always thanks for the great source of info!

Hello All,

Well this thread is probably dead! But wanted to post comment back! So the widest windshield is only going to be 19"w or so? When I look at all the aftermarket shields out there the common width to add is the plus 2 or plus 4! This just doesn't seem wide enough to block the in coming air! Am I over looking something or missing something? Just wanted better wind coverage for the cooler weather riding! Any idea or info is greatly appreciated!

I've got a Cee Bailey's +4 +4 with a flip for winter use, but it doesn't block all the air!

If you want to block the wind completely, buy a car!

I've got a Cee Bailey's +4 +4 with a flip for winter use, but it doesn't block all the air!

If you want to block the wind completely, buy a car!
Thanks for the wise crack guess I deserved that one! Just curious what does your Cee Baily's windshield measure width wise?

For what it's worth, I just replaced the factory windshield on my '03 with a V-stream from National Cycle.

Took about 15 minutes to change it out.

Huge improvement over the factory windshield at a great price.

Much less wind noise and buffeting.

Dan