Needle bearing?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zenwhipper

Reaction score
Folks - anybody know if there is a needle bearing in the rear wheel axle assembly? Anybody know the part number from Yamaha? My mechanic who disassembled my rear wheel said he had to bugger the needle bearing up to get it removed and I need to order a new one before he puts the wheel back together.

Thanks

Scott

Here is diagram. I think it maybe part #6. :unsure:

REAR_WHEEL.Gif

Folks - anybody know if there is a needle bearing in the rear wheel axle assembly? Anybody know the part number from Yamaha? My mechanic who disassembled my rear wheel said he had to bugger the needle bearing up to get it removed and I need to order a new one before he puts the wheel back together.
Thanks

Scott

Here is diagram. I think it maybe part #6. :unsure:

My guess is either #2 or #10. But what do i know?????

REAR_WHEEL.Gif

that needle bearing can't be removed without damage. so your mechanic did nothing wrong 2 and 10 are roller bearings one double width to support the drive the other single to support the brake side of the wheel. the needle bearing supports the center of the wheel and is a needle because of its location and the leverage the wheel gets to impart on it. 6 is the needle bearing it's part #93317-42592-00 about $18 from yamaha. these bearings are very easy to damage so make sure it is installed correctly with a press or you will have problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
6 93317-42592-00 BEARING

2 93306-30446-00 BEARING

10 93306-20480-00 BEARING

#2 and #10 appear to be sealed wheel bearings. It looks like #6 could be a needle bearing.

There are a couple of owners who've had their final drives apart for repair. Hopefully one of them will post up.

Edit: Whops! Just Roy posted while I was looking for the part numbers.

Last edited by a moderator: