NEP throttle lock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FantasticJohnR

Reaction score
Sorry, I tried to do a search specifically for the NEP throttle lock but the search engine won't accept words that are less than 4 letters-

Does anyone have experience with this product? Anyone use on the 06 model?

John

John, try enclosing your search words within quotes... such as

"NEP throttle lock"

I have a NEP on the Connie and VistaCruise on the '05 Feej. NEP works well but I have a slight preference for the VistaCruise. Sorry I can't help with the '06.

John:

I just installed one (CC-3) on my '06A using the zip tie method. Once you cut off the tab it lies relatively flat against the switch housing. I initially tried using double sided foam tape to stick it to the switch housing but there was not enough flat surface area to get a good bond. The zip tie was quick and easy. I did not need to trim the grip at all and I left the slippery plastic thrust washer in place between the grip and the NEP.

Dave

I put my NEP throttle lock on and it works good. Not fancy but works fine. I did cut off the plastic piece at the bottom but no holes drilled in the brake housing. I used a zip tie around the brake cable part under the housing and around the NEP to hold it in place.