New 06

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey TWN, you seem to be on a one track Ohio mind these days. I think you're on the wrong side of that argument.

And congratulations on your newfound helpfulness! :bigeyes: :D

Good luck with your new bike...Looks good ;)

I hope to see my 06 this month... :D

I thought the tank stickers were like the matress tags. There were secret police in black helicopters who would hunt you down if you removed them. :ph34r:

Well thanks for the tip, the sticker is off after much scraping with fingernails and swearing...

Goo Gone worked fine...so did SeaFoam gas treatment by the way..(is there anything that stuff won't do?)

Now just need a coat of wax and off to start racking up miles...

Knifemaker

Its not how many Miles Per Gallon you get...It's how many Smiles Per Gallon you get.

Is that the same jacket Michael Jackson wore in the "Beat It" video.............?

LOL..................!

Where's my bike?

Added a few more pics at my site:

https://community.webshots.com/user/CireL

In the "My 06 FJR" album..

Questions..(not having one before)

Do they all lower the windscreen when you turn the key off?

Did they all have the battery in the front fairing?

The Glove Box or whatever you want to call it DOES require the key to be in the ON position to open. I am not sure how the "adjustable handlebars" work as the owners manual just says to take to your dealer to have them adjusted and does not give any pics or instructions.

The metal flakes in the paint can make it look very blue or almost black, depending on the light..very cool..

More to follow...

KM

Hey TWN, you seem to be on a one track Ohio mind these days.  I think you're on the wrong side of that argument.
And congratulations on your newfound helpfulness! :bigeyes:  :D
I usually hold onto these things for a couple of days before I let 'em go... :D Besides, it's my arguement and I'm always on the right side of my arguments! :p

And, 'newfound'? Hell, there must be at least two or three of my other posts that have helpful info in 'em... Go do a search. Go ahead, I'll wait... ;)

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Added a few more pics at my site:https://community.webshots.com/user/CireL

In the "My 06 FJR" album..

Questions..(not having one before)

Do they all lower the windscreen when you turn the key off?

Did they all have the battery in the front fairing?

The Glove Box or whatever you want to call it DOES require the key to be in the ON position to open. I am not sure how the "adjustable handlebars" work as the owners manual just says to take to your dealer to have them adjusted and does not give any pics or instructions.

The metal flakes in the paint can make it look very blue or almost black, depending on the light..very cool..

More to follow...

KM
Yup, they all lower when you shut off the ignition. Unless you pull the plug.

All batteries are in the front fairing - it's reported that yours is easier to get to.

Previous years pockets had to be key on and in neutral.

Dealer adjusting handlebars is lawyer speak for, if you don't have your dealer do it and you crash because of improperly adjusted bars, they can't be sued...

Knifemaker and new owners....all the info is on the forum. You just have to find it.

Here is some...Clickety Click

A few quick observations:

The mounting plate for the tail case looks as if it just mounts right up to the three bolts in the tail. The one they gave me I am guessing is the same as the 05..as it has the metal spacers and some pretty long bolts. Holding the mounting base up to the bolts, it just seems I only need to replace them with some 10-20 mm longer. I will post this info when I get around to mounting the case. too busy to mess with it now. (I may have to contact Yamaha about this also as they might have an "update" on mounting info.)

The right instrument gauge does give you a reading of ambient temp..and you can toggle between that and a read out of your current MPG figure, and your average MPG figure..(you can reset this to take and average from any starting point)

I have not messed with the adjustable bars yet, as they included no info in the owners manuel on how to do this...and it kinda looks like they are adjusted as far back as they can go...which would do me no good as I'd really like them to be abit more turned out. The ride home from the dealer left the insides of my hands sore..seems that the grips are putting more pressure on the area of my palm on the thumb side...and not distributing my weight evenly across my hand. I will look into the adjustability of the bars anyway as this is bothersome to me.

The sidecases open and come off easy as shit, and make a distinct "Snap!" when locking them down after removal..so this should make it much harder to have them falsely secured..(going by what I read here on older models)

I have not scrubbed the new tires in enough yet to comment on thieir grip and handling (stock are metz Roadtec Z6G's)..

So... More to folllow..

Photos at:

https://community.webshots.com/user/CireL