New Avons: Removing label sticker glue

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smokiesmall.jpg

I bet ZZZzz's rear tire doesn't have any sticky residue on it... except maybe rubber... :clapping:

BTW, I ain't washing them, I'm trying to get some glue off one spot that's attracting nice slippery stuff like leaves, sticks, etc... so that when I take that first turn I don't have a whoops....

Oh, never mind :angry2:
Ok, now you're just making shit up.

SylonSmile.gif

So wheatonFJR...where is the picky of your burnout to rid yourself of the dreaded glue stickiness factor?.... :p

Stupid question I'm sure... but (besides obvious "TWN-like" answers like "burnouts" :dribble: )
How do you guys remove the label sticker glue from your new tire tread...
A little rubbing alcohol on a rag and 20 miles of a little caution and then rap it up tight an go.

Flame throwers work wonders for that topic....get one started...I'll be on it....lol

I had the same question two days ago when I put on a new Avon rear(puncture wound, free replacement- Yea Avon!). The labels stick like crazy. I gave up trying to peel it off. Went for a 5/10's, 100 mile ride- had to break in tire anyway. Label is now litter on the sides of the roads in northern Mass and Southern NH.

Next I was going to try WD-40

I had the same question two days ago when I put on a new Avon rear(puncture wound, free replacement- Yea Avon!). The labels stick like crazy. I gave up trying to peel it off. Went for a 5/10's, 100 mile ride- had to break in tire anyway. Label is now litter on the sides of the roads in northern Mass and Southern NH.
Next I was going to try WD-40

What?! I don't have to do a burnout? :angry2: