New battery source.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrfyghtr

Reaction score
After 6 years I had to say goodbye to my battery. I called the sealer and they said $148. Ain't gonna happen captain. I went to Walmart and they don't have one the correct size. I started looking around online and most places wanted $90. Then I found Chrome battery https://www.chromebattery.com/motorcycles/2008-yamaha-fjr1300a+abs-yt14b+bs-battery.html . $38. It may not last 6 years but at this point in time its exactly what the Dr ordered. I ordered it on Monday and it arrived on Wednesday. It was packed in a ziploc bag inside of a Styrofoam box inside of a cardboard box, very secure. I put it on my battery tender and in less than an hour it was at full charge, The install went great. Perfect fit. We'll see how long it lasts.

I just noticed the Chrome battery today as a result of an ADVrider thread. I was floored by the low price, and Cy in the ADV thread is pretty respected as a battery guru. If he bought one for himself it ought to be good enough for me. Checking on the YT14B-BS size on Amazon, it was a steal at $36. Yeah, me too.

I can't tell if you got the AGM battery, From your link it looks like there is more than one packaging for the same battery.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the YT14B-BS AGM from Amazon back in January. Even when the temps were in single digits it fired right up. So far so good.

Fyr man,

Just for fun, I just checked the website. Appears to be a Gel Battery. Is that what you purchased at the link provided above?