New Battery

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanhands

Reaction score
So after 3 years my Stock Battery (GT14B-4) gave up this week. I am looking around and finding a lot of them. Are they all pretty much the same or is one place better than another to order from?

I did a search on here and did not find that very helpful.

Any help without abuse would be appreciated but I guess if there must be abuse please at least be helpful.

I've been saving this link in my bookmarks for when I need one. Same vendor as above, but goes straight to the battery info.

Had to change mine last week. Got online at westco(link can be found here in the bin0facts). Ninety bucks in the end and shipped to my door in four days. Ordered it on thursday and got it on monday. Battery was in the scoot since I bought it new in 05. She lasted through four years and one nifty accident. How does one push start a scoot with fuel injection?
Or, get the same battery, same delivery for less money.

WestCo Battery at Bike Effects

See discount information link below. (edit: the link is in Bike Effects' sig line.)

"I guess if there must be abuse please at least be helpful."
Did that help, ya no good scoundrel?

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know Jeff at Bike Effects is a forum preferred vendor and all, but I did better off eBay for the same WestCo 12V14B-4 battery. Delivered to my doorstep about 3 days after placing the order. Money's tight. Just sayin'.

Batteries Plus also carries an equivalent battery, cost is 84.99 and you pick it up at a store near you. A local store I called had four on hand. There is a $5 rebate on bike batteries going on. There's also a $5 core-charge if you don't give them your old one.

I did look at the Bike Effects page. There is a lot of neat stuff. I will save it. I have a Batteries Plus a block from the house with the same Battery in Stock for $82 plus that $5 mail in rebate if I remember to send it. With tax be about the same as ordering it but I will have it tomorrow.

So Thanks to everyone who read and replied to this but I now have it taken care of.

Thanks Again.