New Bike for '07???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DucatiSSsp

Reaction score
Besides keeping the FJR, are you planning on buying a 2nd or 3rd bike in '07??

List your top 4 choices and why.

Here's mine:

1. GSXR750/1000.......Still have my race leathers and want one more rocket for track days and spirited riding days.

2. Speed Triple.....Hooligan naked bike and out in the wind...just like the old days

3. KTM 950 supermoto.....total Hooligan Bike!!

4. Triumph Tiger.....light duty commuter and alittle wind on ya.

Should be a good motorcycle show this year! Happy daydreaming :dribble:

Bryce

Bikes I'd buy if I win the lottery:

1) Replace my (excellent) '98 Gold Wing SE with the '07 fully-optioned model. Better handling, brakes, power... My '06 FJR is fun for 3-5 hour rides, but a Wing is needed for cross-country rides.

2) Buy a new Honda XR650R dual-purpose.

3) Buy a Ducati Xerox.

4) Buy a 49cc Montesa moped. (Used to live in Spain as a teenager. Memories.)

I bought a Suzuki DRZ400SM and a set of 'S' model wheels to go with it so I can switch between super moto and enduro modes. My Bill Mayer Saddle makes my FJR a LD bike to rival the comfort of any bike.

DSC06950.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not planning to buy anything this year but, out of everything I've seen so far the one I want is the new R1.

OK, maybe I should rephrase the question. Are any of you geriatric types planning on getting another motorcycle in '07 and keeping your FJR or are you all pussy-whipped now that your wives let you buy a FJR and you have to cower at their every whim and desire for the rest of your lives???

OK, how about if the SOW(significant other woman) would let you get another bike, what would you get? B)

C'mon guys, dream alittle! :rolleyes: Forget about the wheelchair! Think 2 wheels! :yahoo: :yahoo: And not a walker!! :dribble:

Bryce

Someday, a BMW R1200GS will be in my garage.

A Triumph RocketIII would be kind of cool too.

I will be following the Concours14 closely, though am in no hurry.

FJR will be there for quite some time.

I bought a Suzuki DRZ400SM and a set of 'S' model wheels to go with it so I can switch between super moto and enduro modes. My Bill Mayer Saddle makes my FJR a LD bike to rival the comfort of any bike.
DSC06950.jpg
OrangevaleFJR,

How's the Suzook so far? +'s or -'s? How long can you stay in the saddle? I've got a big itch for a supermotard but also want to keep my drivers license intact! It looks much better in your garage than on the Suzuki site.

B.

Someday, a BMW R1200GS will be in my garage.
A Triumph RocketIII would be kind of cool too.

I will be following the Concours14 closely, though am in no hurry.

FJR will be there for quite some time.

But now, a Sportster is what I've always dreamed about.

9250h.jpg

My “dream-sheet” of bikes to own, over the next couple of years, includes, not necessarily by order of preference, a:

Triumph Rocket III Classic
:specool: (R&W)---Awesome, IMO presents a specific type of road presence that is in a class by itself.
The new Kawasaki GTR---Maybe, just for a little while.
:unsure:
Triumph Daytona 675, Scorched Yellow--- Fierce, ain’t it?
:yahoo:
Goldwing---Wife would like me to get one. Sounds like a good reason
:yes: to give one a try.
One thing though, after having sampled the Feejer’s :superman: prowess, I’m not sure I’d be able to settle for anything less if I keep a street bike.

shokdimn :bike:

I had been eyeing the FJR for a couple of years... And pulled the trigger this year, I sort of miss-led the misses that Zed might go, of course she doesn't understand the need for more than one. Well I didn't misslead her, but I didn't correct her when she suggested that I might sell it. That's a whole other story.

I figured when I got the FJR, it'd be good for a couple (read 2-4 years) before I'd be looking at another NEW bike.

Imagine my surprise about 4 days after I have it and she says, "So what's this going to be worth next year?"

Uh, I don't know why?

"Cause I'd figure you'd want to trade up again and get something even better didn't they make a bunch of changes?" "What if they make more changes?" :blink:

Uhm, yeah ok, well in that case...

But my next bikes in order:

- KTM for the woods

- Something nice and light for the track a good used something (not new)

- - Above might even be a motard but I'm not sold on that just yet.

- Waiting with baited breath for the KTM streetbikes to make it to the states. :D

- By then I'll be ready to see what Yamaha has done and evaluate the Connie14 me thinks.

OrangevaleFJR,How's the Suzook so far? +'s or -'s?
Duc,

I have found that the Suzuki is a bunch-o-fun. The seat isn't comfortable for one second, but I did ride it for three hours one day with a couple of breaks and I never was in pain.

+

Light

Nimble

Sticks like crazy

great suspension

More fun than I expected on the road and I haven't really explored its limits

Followed sport bike riders that were dragging knee pucks like I was out for a leisurely sunday ride...the thing makes cornering incredibly easy

aftermarket stuff available

Decent service available pretty much anywhere

switching to S wheels and tires is a snap as long as you buy an extra set of SM rotors.

-

gas tank is too small (gonna buy a bigger one)

sucks when you low side it due to sand in the turn

Requires new exhaust, removal of charcoal cannister and rejetting (but frankly, I didn't buy this for straight line speed anyway so I'm in no hurry for all that)

Local bike shop has a 72? honda CB 350, it's all together and runs, I'm in the middle of a flashback here, hoping the price goes down.

DSC06950.jpg
OrangevaleFJR,

How long can you stay in the saddle?
That may be a sensitive question regarding this bike :blum:

Well, let's see. Bought a KLR 650 this past June to see how I like off roading. Holy smokes, fantastic!!! Been riding so much since then. FJR up for sale with 17k miles in the year or so I rode it. 8,000 miles these past four months on the KLR.

Just bought, but not taken delivery yet of KTM 950 Adventure. The thing should be a blast on the road and and balls to the wall fun offroad. Now, I will have a for sure go just about anywhere bike.