New Bike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh

Reaction score
Here she is!

P4160729.JPG

P4160723.JPG

P4160722.JPG

Put a couple hundred miles on her so far and feel like I have found the perfect bike for me. It has plenty of power on the highway and with a few mods will be the most comfortable touring bike I have owned so far. After riding a Sportster for the last couple years, I had nearly forgot how much fun the smooth and powerful inline motor is! :yahoo:

Josh

Here she is!
P4160729.JPG

P4160723.JPG

P4160722.JPG

Put a couple hundred miles on her so far and feel like I have found the perfect bike for me. It has plenty of power on the highway and with a few mods will be the most comfortable touring bike I have owned so far. After riding a Sportster for the last couple years, I had nearly forgot how much fun the smooth and powerful inline motor is! :yahoo:

Josh
Very nice Josh congrats :clapping:

Very Nice!

Smaller top box I see, going for better aerodynamics?

That is a nice color... looks so shiny! B)

I like the color. :rolleyes: You may want to get a radar detector. don't ask.

Nice lookin bike. Wise words, above. Until you get used to how comfortably she goes fast, keep a close watch on your speed. Not long after getting my FJR I was picking off freeway lanes to get to the HOV lane, in busy traffic. Once I was safely into my chosen lane, it was time to add some speed ......... but I was already doing over 100mph, without even realizing it.

Have fun. Be careful out there.

Thanks everyone! I went to work this evening adjusting the throttle return spring. That sucker was wound way to tight! I also ran a lead from the battery to power my GPS. 150 more miles on the odometer and a couple little mods taken care of; can't wait to see what tomorrow brings...

Josh

I like the color. :rolleyes: You may want to get a radar detector. don't ask.

Nice lookin bike. Wise words, above. Until you get used to how comfortably she goes fast, keep a close watch on your speed. Not long after getting my FJR I was picking off freeway lanes to get to the HOV lane, in busy traffic. Once I was safely into my chosen lane, it was time to add some speed ......... but I was already doing over 100mph, without even realizing it.

Have fun. Be careful out there.
Congratulations on the beautiful bike, I feel the same way. (That this is the most perfect bike for me and my riding style)

And great wisdom from above, since this is the smoothest bike I've ever owned, I too have trouble discerning what speed I'm actually going, so I installed a hill-billie speed monitor; I took a yellow junk yard marker and marked "70" on the speedo. Now my old worn out eyeballs can glance down, and I now have a clue where legal speeds are.

Good luck,

And great wisdom from above, since this is the smoothest bike I've ever owned, I too have trouble discerning what speed I'm actually going, so I installed a hill-billie speed monitor; I took a yellow junk yard marker and marked "70" on the speedo. Now my old worn out eyeballs can glance down, and I now have a clue where legal speeds are.
Good luck,
Ingenious! LOL :D

Congrats on the new bike. I see you're located closer to those great roads in southern Indiana than I am. (NW Indiana - Crown Point) lucky guy!

Here she is!
P4160729.JPG

P4160723.JPG

P4160722.JPG

Josh
Welcome from another Hoosier. Now go southeast my friend and don't stop until you hit the Ohio River. We have the best Indiana roads down this way :)

Scoop