New bike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
congrats

take a beginner and intermediate riding course...it's worth every penny and moment spent and could EASILY save your life

seriously

the FJR is not a busa, but "unstrategic" use of the throttle or brakes can spit you to the pavement

plus slow, parking lot riding can be embarrassing, specially with the tank full...top heavy beamouth the Feej is !!!

please do an equal amount of research and purchase armored gear...the absolute best you can afford

if it doesn't have sliders, get and put them on as soon as possible

best to you

let's ride safe and be careful out there

Mike in Nawlins'

Good stuff above. Can't argue with the idea of getting some ride coaching for the road with a MSF course. Once you put some real miles on the bike, if you find you need to modify the saddle, Rick Meyer offers modifications for only $75, even if you're not the original owner. I had mine done in June this year before leaving on a 7500 mile trip. Great deal on that bike! Check with the dealer and make sure all warranty/recall work is up to date.

Congrats Neighbor..well when you get back to TX,

great find on the bike...awesome price; especially with all the extras..super awesome.

I almost got an 06'ae in Jan 11', and asking price was $8,700 stock, so yep; you got a great deal.

Enjoy the riding and be safe.

Sweetheart deal on a very nice bike. Welcome to the site and enjoy your new ride. Spend a nice long weekend with it and you will know by Sunday evening what you should change to "personalize" the bike to your needs and wants. Ride safe and hopefully see you at some FJR Owners Meets.

That sounds like a screamin' deal. As reference, I thought I got a pretty good deal on an '08, essentially stock with 7,000 miles for $7k. Since then I've put in another $1100 on a Rifle shield, Russell seat and cruise control. And I still don't have all the heated stuff you got!

congrats I think are in order

+1 on Patriot's comment about taking a course. Technical riding skills and road riding skills are two different animals. Also, pick up a copy of Proficient Motorcycling. Great book!

I'm finally back home now, so have been avoiding the internet after sitting on it all day every day for the last several weeks. I Put about 100 miles on the bike yesterday just cruising around the area. I put on the lowering links, raised the forks, and the bar risers and it made a nice difference. I can flat foot it on both sides just fine now and it feels much more comfortable. I really haven't found anything else that the bike is missing so far.

I am taking the motorcycle safety course this weekend and am looking forward to it. Apparently here in Texas you have to have it before you can get your license now... So, after getting my license on Monday, I'm hitting the road for a little break in trip. I will be off work for the next couple weeks, so time to add up some miles.

The wiring recall hasn't been done, but the PO said he had replaced some of the wiring that should fix it. The instant MPG reads 17 also. I already spoke with a local dealer and am going to drop it off once I get called out to leave town again for work.