New Braking Noises

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrmcsmitty

Reaction score
This may be a recurring thread but I cannot find if anyone has asked about this. I got my 2007 FJR last May and the bike has been perfect. About a month ago, when applying the foot brake lever, I started hearing a type of rapid clicking, similar to what I hear on Vespa or Piaggio scooters. The bike brakes fine, it is just that I never noticed this "clicking" sound before and it stops the instant I let up on the lever.

Unless you've developed some strange mechanical issue, this noise is well documented. It typically happens under light application of the front brakes. The *clicking* is due to the floating discs and the little bit of clearance inherent in the floating design. Next time you hear / feel it, brake harder and I bet the noise disappears.

Good luck!

--G

It might be the ABS motor. When applying only the rear brake, sometimes I feel the ABS motor pumping through the foot pedal, I don't really hear it because I wear ear plugs or Ipod and a full face helmet. I have heard it before when riding without a helmet a short distance.