New Bridgestone BT-021 tires

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are these tires replacing the BT-020s? The tread pattern on the front tire is dramatically different.
Yes, these are the replacement tires for the venerable BT-020's.

I've been emailing some Bridgestone reps about them for a couple months now. One (of several) reasons for the change on the front tread pattern was due to the notorious scalloping that the front BT-020 is prone to develop. This tread pattern on the front BT-021 will significantly reduce this tendency:

BT021F.jpg

One of the consequences of this tread pattern, however, is that this front tire might be a touch "noisier" than the velvet-smooth BT-020 front tire. (Which is no big deal for many of us). I have liitle doubt the tire will handle and perform as well as it's predecessor. My only concern is the same one many LD Riders share - which is the treadlife of the rear tire. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Are these tires replacing the BT-020s? The tread pattern on the front tire is dramatically different.
Yes, these are the replacement tires for the venerable BT-020's.

I've been emailing some Bridgestone reps about them for a couple months now. One (of several) reasons for the change on the front tread pattern was due to the notorious scalloping that the front BT-020 is prone to develop. This tread pattern on the front BT-021 will significantly reduce this tendency:

BT021F.jpg

One of the consequences of this tread pattern, however, is that this front tire might be a touch "noisier" than the velvet-smooth BT-020 front tire. (Which is no big deal for many of us). I have liitle doubt the tire will handle and perform as well as it's predecessor. My only concern is the same one many LD Riders share - which is the treadlife of the rear tire. B)
And traction! Dont forget the traction! :yahoo:

IIRC the BT021 was on the front of the new Concours whos picture was plastered all over the various forums a while back. I have to beleive that Kawi did there homework picking that tire. Although a couple of the Connies I owned had some crappy Dunlop K701?? OEM skins on them.

I'll probably put the new stones on the decision table when it comes time to replace my Avons this spring. Was looking forward to new Storms because I love my Avons and their replacement policy I took advantage of. Decisions, decisions.