new cee baileys shield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
update.

I called calsci today and have a large windshield coming. I am going to try that out.

on another note, talked to cee bailey's about my buffeting problem and they suggested a +5 +3 with flip as an exchange. Should i also try this one or should I scrap the cee baileys? I don't know if I can stand the look of a +5 on my pretty FJR...

I'm 3'3" above my inseam :rolleyes: and now have a V-Stream. Absolutely loved the quiet air it provided as did my pillion! If you ride 2-up be sure to take your pillion on test rides. Some screens that are good for the rider may not be so good for the pillion. It depends on the shape of the 'bubble' created. Try as many shields as you can with/without pillion, topbox, etc... to see how they are the way you will use the bike.

I called calsci today and have a large windshield coming. I am going to try that out.
Would love to hear your comparison between the Cee-Bailey and Calsci. I went with the Cee-Bailey +3+3 w/flip but was also looking at the Calsci large.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would love to hear your comparison between the Cee-Bailey and Calsci. I went with the Cee-Bailey +3+3 w/flip but was also looking at the Calsci large.
will definitely report back about the calsci.

what say you guys about the larger cee baileys? (+5 +3 with flip?) I got to say that I really liked the look of the cee baileys and it seemed really sturdy and well made but not sure if that larger windshield is going to make the bike look goofy...

Not to mess you up but check out the Rifle. I was able to try it out and it just cost me shipping to and from. It was a good windsheild but it was not $300 better than my v-stream.

The people at Rifle were top notch to work with.

Where are you located?

I love my Rifle........and I am a fussy fucker....

you don't wanna know how many shields i have bought in the last 3 years.

R

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, the dreaded windshield thread.

As a different approach, after reading all the comments on windshields early in the game, I purchased a 23 inch Windjammer replacement from JC Whitney(cheap). If I was going to play the collection game, I wanted to start cheap to at least arrive at a good height. I cut the bottom of the shield (taped and slow jig saw) to match the pattern of the stock FJR. Worked realy well (I am 6'2").

I did it again for the 06 which I still have. I only cut the bottom pattern on the 06 and drilled the screw holes. I did not attempt to cut holes to put the "W" decorative piece back on. Does leave the screws exposed. There is slightly less curvature on the Whitney, but some rubber spacers from hardware take care of that, and may even give it a bit of the "Rifle tuning".

ok guys,

tried the tall calsci and was not impressed. wind hits face mask at about midlevel in low position and buffeting/backpressure in high position (admittedly less than the CB +3 +3).

I also tried a scorpion exo400 to see if maybe it was my helmet..not like the scorpion is better than my agv s-4. in any case, no better results. I am still wondering if a better helmet would get rid of the buffeting when the shield goes up.

I think my next try will be the CB +5+3 with flip to buy me a little extra room.

others here really got me thinking about the rifle though. any thoughts?