• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

New Cheap tire seller

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blassoff

Its just the dog in me, baby
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
2wheel.com

Last night I ordered a PR2 front tire. The original sale price was $111.54. I had the item in my cart and exited the website without consummating the transaction.

Don't cha know, 10 hours later they emailed me to say, "Hey, you abandoned your cart. Come back and complete your purchase and we'll drop another 10% into the deal.

Bought the tire for $100.39 with free delivery

I'm sure it's a one-time deal, but it's 10% off of whatever is in your cart (and their prices are damn good to start). I looked at a Bridgestone T30GT 120-70-17 for $97 something.

So, If it all works out properly I've got a new best friend for motorcycle tires.

Sounds like they are taking the Hobby King approach. If you leave something sit in your cart long enough they will offer you a "One Time Only" price reduction on that item. Everything I buy from them sits in the cart long enough for that price reduction. I bet you could trigger it again today on 2wheel.com.

The odd thing to me is you gave your email address prior to checkout. I don't give that or create an actual account till I'm really ready to check out.

Yeh, I play that game on some other sights. Tracking everything you do sometimes works against them in our favor.

Dave

$251.80 (-$10 first purchase deal) $241.80 for a set of PR2's with free delivery...that's a great deal.

As far as leaving something in the cart, I've had Twisted Throttle do the same thing (offer additional discount).

That ploy works and I like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh... PR2 rear and T30GT front for $225.85 at Jake Wilson (aka Rocky Mountain ATV) all day long. And I like the BS front better than a PR2 front.
+1. You also got like 5% credit for your next purchases. Better than nothing right!

Meh... PR2 rear and T30GT front for $225.85 at Jake Wilson (aka Rocky Mountain ATV) all day long. And I like the BS front better than a PR2 front.
I'm gonna try your combo and at $213.75 it won't break the bank. (After getting the "still have items in your cart" discount.)

Thanks!

Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.