New E55 Maxia in Gloss Black

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark Knight

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just received a Givi E55 Maxia top case for my birthday from my fiancee and my 18 day old daughter. I think my daughter picked it out but my fiancee did most of the legwork getting it (R**z*lla), lol. Either way this case seems very, very nice on my '09 Raven Black FJR. I have ridden with a borrows V46 and the only issue i found was it could not hold our helmets (xl & sm shoei's). The design of the exterior components almost match the lines of the FJR perfectly. If i can figure out how to load pics I'll put some up.

Anyone else have any experience with this case?

Thanks,

Mike

Yes, After losing my Gen-I E55, I replaced it with a all black with clear lens E55. I very happy with the look.

I am also familiar with the V46 (had one on my V-Strom), the size of the E55 is a big improvement when handling 2 helmets.

Now go add a Admore light kit and latch pin the case to the mount to ensure it all staying in place ;)

Hi Mike any way you can have your fiancee or daughter call my wife or daughter, just kidding. I love them both but I'm not getting any bike gifts. I have a black 08 and trying to decide which box to go with, the 55 or the 52. Looking forward to seeing some pics with it on your bike. You lucky dog. Rob

I have the E55 and had a V46 and E52 prior to that. All are good cases. The main reason I went with the E55 was I figured if you were going to have a big a** box hanging off the back of your bike might as well get the biggest one available. My wife said no one ever complains of it being too big but too small is a problem (I hope she is referring to the top case ;) .

I've got the Admore light kit with the yellow turn signals and the lights show up nicely on the E55.

I don't have mine yet...but after weeks of research and apprehension, my E55 (matte black with clear lenses) is in the mail and should arrive by weeks end. I also opted for the Admore light kit over the GIVI, as most forum members recommended. Can't wait!! Good luck with yours!

,,Hi jtr1174, I'am having a sale on chicken sandwich sale next week, $2.00 bucks apiece, about how many "sando's" would I have to sell to get that set-up ??? ...just wondering... Larry

Dang, I gotta get some stuff sold so I can get me an E55. I'm quite tired of lugging my laptop in my backpack, particularly since it's getting into the 90's in the afternoon now. I need that airflow through my mesh on my back.

,,Hi jtr1174, I'am having a sale on chicken sandwich sale next week, $2.00 bucks apiece, about how many "sando's" would I have to sell to get that set-up ??? ...just wondering... Larry
$587.30 shipped from PCA (E55 matte case w/smoked lens, SR 357 mount and Admore light kit)...so if my calculations are correct, you need to sell about 293.65 "chicken sandos."

Last edited by a moderator:
...WOW..These farkles just keep adding up . That, is a really nice one, Good call ,going with the Admore stuff ,read alot about them, and it sounds like the way go ,,, Ok back to the kitchen,,let's see ,,,at $3.00 a sandwitch.... Larry