New Exhaust.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrpro

Reaction score
Well after 14 months I am ready for new exhaust. I am looking at the blue flames, leo's or the new ones from Remus ....Anyone out there have a dyno chart for any of these installed on a 06 FJR. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Well after 14 months I am ready for new exhaust. I am looking at the blue flames, leo's or the new ones from Remus ....Anyone out there have a dyno chart for any of these installed on a 06 FJR. Thanks
You might want to look at Staintune. I have them and their Great!

If all you change is the cans you won't really get much more power. You will get a lot more noise and more attention and will think you are going faster. If you really need more power then go for a full system, a power commander and some dyno time with a qualified tech. With just the Muzzy cans on mine there was no change on the dyno and with the PC3 there was 3-5 hp but I didn't have it tuned for the max. I was more interested in economy. Since then the cans are gone because quiet is nice.

If all you change is the cans you won't really get much more power. You will get a lot more noise and more attention and will think you are going faster. If you really need more power then go for a full system, a power commander and some dyno time with a qualified tech. With just the Muzzy cans on mine there was no change on the dyno and with the PC3 there was 3-5 hp but I didn't have it tuned for the max. I was more interested in economy. Since then the cans are gone because quiet is nice.
:blink:

khrome

I recently purchased the Remus hexacones. They are very sweet in appearance, sound and workmanship. It's the first aftermarket exhaust for the FJR that interested me. They look like they BELONG on the bike, not just ANY bike.

Definitely, performance is the last reason to buy exhausts. On a modern 4-stroke bike, there are many other areas where real horsepower can be gained with much less effort and typically much less money.

Howdy 'pro, I don't have a dyno chart but I do have FJRay's old stainless oval Muzzys on my '04 and I love 'em. PCIIIUSB and dyno tuning are next. I believe the stainless Muzzys are about as economical as you can get and they're no more loud than my race only GSXR750 with a full off-road only Hindle system. (Those new Hexacones are schweeet lookin though) :dribble:

I rode for 4 years with the stockers. After seeing the Hexacones for the FJR I ordered them after a couple days. I posted an exhaustive thread in this forum with pics and video.

Good luck.

I have the full Muzzy system with carbon fiber pipe. I'd say it's about 20 lbs lighter than stock, no cat (less heat) and looks and sounds awesome. Louder than stock for sure, but not to the point that it's annoying. I would say very similar noise level as my stock 2000 R1.

Some have complained that this system will touch down during a hard right turn, but I haven't experienced that. As a note, my bike has GP set-up forks and a Penske shock, so that could be the reason. Fit and finish is great on the can and OK on the pipe. I'm very happy with it and I'd buy it again!