New Farkels

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richouse

Reaction score
Added a couple of new farkels lately. One was the Brake away throttle lock. Yes I know its a glorified throttle lock but I had alittle xtra money so I got that one, I also wanted one that would disengage when I hit the brakes. It went on pretty easy for the most part. Its alittle tricky getting it all adjusted right but its not too bad. Its a very good piece of of equipment (it better be for the price) Seems well made and looks good. You can't really even tell its on there unless your looking. I haven't ops checked it yet but if I find anything displeasing I will be sure to pass it along.

The other is a permanently mounted garage door opener. I just opened up a regular garage remote and found the prongs on the circuit board that connect when the button is pushed. I soldered a wire on each and soldered a micro momentary switch/button on the other end of the wires. I mounted the button in the left hand switch control housing. Hid the remote behind a fairing with some Velcro. Works great

Added a couple of new farkels lately. One was the Brake away throttle lock. Yes I know its a glorified throttle lock but I had alittle xtra money so I got that one, I also wanted one that would disengage when I hit the brakes. It went on pretty easy for the most part. Its alittle tricky getting it all adjusted right but its not too bad. Its a very good piece of of equipment (it better be for the price) Seems well made and looks good. You can't really even tell its on there unless your looking. I haven't ops checked it yet but if I find anything displeasing I will be sure to pass it along.
The other is a permanently mounted garage door opener. I just opened up a regular garage remote and found the prongs on the circuit board that connect when the button is pushed. I soldered a wire on each and soldered a micro momentary switch/button on the other end of the wires. I mounted the button in the left hand switch control housing. Hid the remote behind a fairing with some Velcro. Works great
Cool. Do you mean BREAK away throttle lock?

Happy Friday! :lol:

Latest posts