new farkles.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DailyCommuter

Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Reaction score
Ever wish you could fast forward through time? I do. I'm wishing I could fast forward to next spring, because I will have farkle-ized my feej a bit more. Recently I added a tech mount with double platforms on the single stem mount. For my passport, and the GPS. I installed the hand guards from the v-strom. Got a new set of grip puppies. I have a cee-baily on order. I also ordered the new G2 throttle tube with the delrin inserts, they say it feels like ball bearing performance. I'm hoping that since they list the AE as an option when ordering, that the tube will be a little longer than the original. As the original was a little shorter than stock. Lemme see what else,... Oh yeah the suspension group buy will be giving me the total fork re-build, and the ohlins rear shock, my first set of piot road 2's have about 15,000 miles on them now so ill replace them after I get my forks and shock back.

I'm spending a ton of dough on the feej, but I ride the hell out of it so what the heck, overtime is good right now at work. How many days til spring anyway?

Previous farkles included the. Heli trippleclamp from the group buy, Fork brace(superbrace)& starcom system for 2, from bikeffects.com corbin seats w/backrest for her, stebel air horns, and a heavy weight throttlemeister. I put the reflective side bag decals on along with the reflective stripe kit too, since I do a majority of my riding in the dark. I'm going to be ready for some serious distance rides next year, and I can't wait.

I bought my ae in August 07 and have 27,678 miles on her now. I still love this bike as much as day one, and can't wait to finally ride with some of you next year. I get the third week of vacation time next year so I plan to take advantage of it.

Ive been thinking of adding those snazzy foot guards I saw on fjrtech.com since my toes have got cold lately when the night temps hit the 30's, anyone have em? Likes? Dislikes? They look good in the pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey DC, since we have the same bike could you please post some pics of your VStrom Handguards with a little description of how you installed on your AE if you have the ability. I realize some people don't know how to post pictures. Or you could email them to me and I will post them for you. If it wouldn't be to much trouble I would sure appreciate it. I have seen lots of handguards on the non AE models but not any on the AE model. Thanks. Sounds like you also have the farkeling disease.

There's actually a good picture on fjrtech.com under the farkles heading, all the way at the bottom of the list you'll see the handguard on AE install. Simple little bracket needs to be made or bought. I made one out of the piece that held the handlebars onto the stock trippleclamp from underneath. All I had kickin around in the garage to work with. Little dremeling and presto! The a model handguards link is more toward the middle of that list. I would be happy to post a picture of mine later, as I am work right now. The bar-end of mine is a little different than fjrtech's because I have a throttlemeister and didn't want it to interfere with the operation of it. Ill post some later. Check fjrtech in the meantime.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts