New FJR Owner with Pictures

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on the new ride, but...they did rip ya off...now go back and tell em to put that clutch lever back on ! Crazy dealers...they cant fool us ! Great choice !

Blessings,

Bobby

lacofd...

Congrats on the new ride. My wife rides with me & she states it's the most comfortable bike I've ever owned. She finds it easier to get on/off the bike when there is no bags or trunk on the bike. She does enjoy the comfort of the Givi E52 (with Givi rack) with soft back rest, but we only use it when we go away for a couple of days.

I also suggest riding a few more miles with it in stock condition. You may be able to save a few bucks. Your taller with longer arms than me & might adjust to the slight lean forward. It definitly helps when you ride aggressively with the handling of the bike. I thought for sure I would put risers on, but was pleasantly surprised to find out I became very comfortable with the stock position, it really dosen't put excessive weight on your wrists.

Grip puppies... $10 & won't reduce the heat of the heated grips too much either.

With your long legs I would suggest (as others before me have) not to lower the pegs but go with the hi-way pegs. I feel the pegs on this bike are already low enough. I sometimes scrape the tips of my boots during aggressive cornering, & lowering the pegs anymore...well....just wouldn't be healthy for da feet.

Hope I helped.

As far as the Givi is concerned: I went with the E-52. I was thinking about going with the smaller one and I'm glad I didn't. I used the OHFJR Sport Touring Rack II because that rack gives you the option to move the topcase either forward or back. My G/F is 5'7, so I wanted the ability to move the top case back. I also lowered the passenger footpegs as well. We're not supposed to talk about a specific vendor here on this site, but he is located in southern California just north of Los Angeles, I purchased the footpeg lowering kit from him and it works really well.

David

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on geting one of the best out there.

I agree that you might want to spend a few more miles before making too many ergonomic changes. I was was also "sure" I would get risers when I got my FJR in 2006, new. Now, 2 years and over 20,000 miles later, I still am not sure if I will do it. I kind of like the position. I have been running them all the way back since I got it. I wouldn't mind if I could turn them in just a bit though as the grips don't liine up with the angle of my hands as well as I would like.

I am 6'4" with about a 35 1/2" inseam. I get a sore butt, but with 270# bouncing on the seat, anyone would, I think. Probably the best investment for me there would be to leave about 30-40 pounds off my frame. We'll see what I can do about that. I hear that would increase the performance also. Of the bike too....

I would't mind just a bit more legroom but a friend of mine, who had lower pegs, put his back to stock. Too much dragging I believe.

I got the GIVI V46. Wanted the chance to have the color-matched cover. Still haven't done that though. I had the E52 and V46 sitting next to each other when i chose. The salesman said that, though the 52 theoretically had more capacity, in real life they are about the same when it comes to the usual junk people take. I guess I'll never know.

I did get the cargo rack for the top of the GIVI case. I think it is a bit too heavy and I rarely use it even though it is up there, all the time.

Man I love this bike though! Easily the best ride I have owned. You did right.

paul from minnesota

Congratulations.

That was one of the two 07AEs they had when I shopped their. I live in Thousand Oaks, right up the freeway so when they told me that it didn't come with a warranty I moved on to a different dealer. I could not believe they would sell a new bike without a warranty and felt like to whole thing was more about geting me to purchase the YES. I just found that whole dealership a bit slippery.

But now that you have the bike non of that really matters, great bike isn't it?

Enjoy the bike and if you find yourself up in this neck of the woods again let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have installed the new Helibar triple clamps and while a bit pricey they are worth all the benefits that I got on my 2008 FJR1300 . The instructions are complete and easy to follow ( remove the tank and the whole job is easier ) you will be glad you bought them .

congrats.....i also own a 2007 AE. I went with a cee bailey 4 in taller and two inch wider. BIG difference. I also went with the givi v46 and the givi mount. It wasnt cheap but i'm glad i did it right. Givi box and mount are high quality stuff. Also recommend the wild bill pegs. don't forget sliders....

Congratulations. I can almost feel the smiles radiating through the helmets, in the photo of you and your son.

+1 on the suggestion to get him some real boots. Looks as though he's of the age where they grow bigger every time you look. Check out Wal-Mart for some halfway decent boots that you can afford for him to grow out of every six months.

Jill

Congratulations. I can almost feel the smiles radiating through the helmets, in the photo of you and your son.
+1 on the suggestion to get him some real boots. Looks as though he's of the age where they grow bigger every time you look. Check out Wal-Mart for some halfway decent boots that you can afford for him to grow out of every six months.

Jill

In a lot of cases the tenny runners are more expensive than boots.

These are the best bikes on the road IMHO. I did added the OHFJR and Givi V46 to mine along with the Yamaha Tall Touring Windshield (I am looking at a Cee Baileys now). I also added a Russell Day Long seat and this has made a real difference in the comfort levels on a longer ride.

IMG_0478.jpg

Good luck with your new purchase. B)