New FJR Owner

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

relliot499

Reaction score
Picked up my new '08 Monday night. Haven't had much time to ride yet because we've had several rainy days since then but I have managed to put 140 miles on it. What an amazing ride. And I don't mean the speed I'm sure the bike has. I'm what you might call a senior citizen (61), so I'm more impressed by the bikes rideability. You can routinely take corners in 3rd gear without lugging the engine. Down the street there's a small hill that you need to go up that most of the bikes I've had required downshifting to 2nd or 3rd. I just rolled up the hill in 5th, no problem. Riding around town on secondary roads, you can cruise all day at 40 in 5th gear and also not lug the engine. What an amazing motor. Ordered the top box to match the side cases so I'm looking forward to a lot of happy miles on this bike.

Bob

Picked up my new '08 Monday night. Haven't had much time to ride yet because we've had several rainy days since then but I have managed to put 140 miles on it. What an amazing ride. And I don't mean the speed I'm sure the bike has. I'm what you might call a senior citizen (61), so I'm more impressed by the bikes rideability. You can routinely take corners in 3rd gear without lugging the engine. Down the street there's a small hill that you need to go up that most of the bikes I've had required downshifting to 2nd or 3rd. I just rolled up the hill in 5th, no problem. Riding around town on secondary roads, you can cruise all day at 40 in 5th gear and also not lug the engine. What an amazing motor. Ordered the top box to match the side cases so I'm looking forward to a lot of happy miles on this bike.
Bob
499.........welcome to the group from another seasoned citizen of 61 happy years.........a little old, but we surely ain't slow!............you will find this is one heck of a machine.....like strapping onto the nose cone of an F-16 if you're doing it right........and also enjoyable to just cruise around on..........I find myself being a few minutes faster to all of my regular destinations on this bike for some reason.......LOL........

Lg

Wellcome 499. Throw a PCIII on that bad boy and you will be even happier. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob
499,,, welcome aboard ..... don't have as many miles as you I'm only 56 ,,,,,, I picked up my FJR the first of March ,,, Best bike I've had,,,

be safe ,, enjoy the ride ,,,,, old&slow Dan ,, :yahoo:

Welcome relliot! I'am also 61 (for another month anyway) and have had my fjr for almost 2 months. Great machine - you'll have a blast!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi 67 here had my 08 about 2 months 2400 miles retired and ride every day there is sun. yur gona love it

Hi 67 here had my 08 about 2 months 2400 miles retired and ride every day there is sun. yur gona love it
You must not ride very far though I still work, can only ride after work or weekends yet in just over 2 months since I got mine I have put on 5800 and there are a lot of people on this board that make me look like a piker.

I never would have guessed that there are so many of us over 60 riders out there, especially on a sport bike.

I only put about 6k miles a year on my bikes but with the riding time here in Ohio cut short by some long cold winters, I guess that's not too bad. Still play in 2 coed softbal leagues with my three sons and my grand daughter; one in the summer and one in the fall. Play in the company golf league and also on weekends with

my sons.

But my wife and I still ride when ever we can and the weather cooperates. I'm going to be looking in to some

over night rides to locations here in Ohio or western Pennsylvania. You can find some really scenic routes up here.

Bob

I never would have guessed that there are so many of us over 60 riders out there, especially on a sport bike.
I only put about 6k miles a year on my bikes but with the riding time here in Ohio cut short by some long cold winters, I guess that's not too bad. Still play in 2 coed softbal leagues with my three sons and my grand daughter; one in the summer and one in the fall. Play in the company golf league and also on weekends with

my sons.

But my wife and I still ride when ever we can and the weather cooperates. I'm going to be looking in to some

over night rides to locations here in Ohio or western Pennsylvania. You can find some really scenic routes up here.

Bob
499,,, If you're from Ohio ,,Don't have to go far to find interesting roads and sights ,,,, Just about any road in southeast Ohio ,,,, One of my favorites is Rt 676 out of Marietta....

my sons.

Bob
Southeast Ohio has some of the best riding anywhere I've been. This is one great bike to take advantage of the great Ohio roads. Enjoy

Welcome from the Jet City.

As keeper of the million mile challenge, consider yourself invited to post your miles and a blurb about whatever cool things you do on your feej. Here's the link. You'll see how it's done. You don't need permissions or anything like that. If you scroll through, you'll see the sort of silliness your forum buddies are up to.

Cheers