New FJR products from Yamaha!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting...except it's expensive as heck

$185/helmet and $60 for the bluetooth dongle (per device you want to listen to if it doesn't support stereo bluetooth). Would be sweet to be wireless if it worked as flawless as advertised.

$306 for the starcom, two headsets and cables from BikeEffects for a two-person set up...I don't trust wireless stuff yet :)

I am a tech guy and I need to agree that I do not trust the wireless stuff yet. To many the AE is looked upon as cutting edge so having the latest gadgets does not surprise me.

*snerk* ...dongle....*snerk*
*snerk* all you want, I'm gonna shop around for this thing (given the mark up on MamaYama accessories) so that my gf can use my Ipod to listen to tunes on the road. I use the Collett BT communicators with my phone for tunes. Her phone doesn't do tunes, and, my playlists are more conducive to setting land speed records than relaxing and enjoying the rides.

Wireless kicks major buttass!

I am interested in the feedback you'll have Bungie; I'm not saying I'll never go with a bluetooth solution. I really want to, but the piss-poor sound quality I get currently from my Blackberry Storm to either the mono-headset for calls or the stereo headset for music is the reason I'm staying away from wireless.

I am interested in the feedback you'll have Bungie; I'm not saying I'll never go with a bluetooth solution. I really want to, but the piss-poor sound quality I get currently from my Blackberry Storm to either the mono-headset for calls or the stereo headset for music is the reason I'm staying away from wireless.
Anytime your schleping music across A2DP (Bluetooth), your gonna get some losses that are noticeable to the human ear. Some tunes worse than others. I use the helmet speakers.. er sorry, 'monitors' that came with my Collett unit. It IS stereo. I wear earplugs with speakers mounted in the helmet. Sound is very acceptable. Then again, the speakers are about 1" in diameter. Volume control on the BT unit is ranges from inaudible to way to f'n loud - even with earplugs.

BT Telephone, Rider2Rider and Intercom take precedence over music. No wires connected to bike and I've never run down the 'touring' battery packs, even on 10+ hour rides using the tunes and intercom functions a lot.

Happy camper here :yahoo:

Interesting...except it's expensive as heck

All OEM farkles and gidgies are, and I am shopping for both the feej and FZ6.

gggrrrr

Funny, those same new accessories are listed for my FZ as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that's good news I just ordered the XBi open face unit to be used in a full faced helmet, UPS should deliver it the 6th/7th dunno hope it all works like it states, to cold here for a couple more months for any test ride

FWIW I have an icombi plugged into the Zumo 550 with BT to a Chatterbox GMRSX1 Bluetooth ( https://www.chatterboxusa.com/cbx1btunit.html ). Works as well as hard wired ear buds. Stereo even, go figure. this "new gear" is all just Chatterbox kit being offered through some marketing deal they have. Nothing new here.

FWIW I have an icombi plugged into the Zumo 550 with BT to a Chatterbox GMRSX1 Bluetooth ( https://www.chatterboxusa.com/cbx1btunit.html ). Works as well as hard wired ear buds. Stereo even, go figure. this "new gear" is all just Chatterbox kit being offered through some marketing deal they have. Nothing new here.
This has also been available from www.cyclegadgets.com for some time.