New FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lord Vader,

Dejevous all over again. That looks exactly like my bike..........parallel Universe?

AZ

Glad to see you got the FJR. I take it you got it at Cochise?

Good people, Cliff the owner is a personal friend, so I know the guys real well.

I live in Tucson, but if you would like to go on a ride together someday

just give me a shout, PM me

Glad to see you got the FJR. I take it you got it at Cochise?Good people, Cliff the owner is a personal friend, so I know the guys real well.

I live in Tucson, but if you would like to go on a ride together someday

just give me a shout, PM me
Joe,

You're correct about Cochise. I like them and they have been fair in dealing with me. I bought the ST from them and at the time they did not have an FJR I could ride. It's a damn pity because if I could have ridden one I never would have bought the ST and it would have saved me a couple of grand. I also could have sold the ST and then looked for an FJR on the site or out there at another dealer, maybe a used '06 FJR with low miles. But what the hell, I would rather spend the money and have the shop behind me on the FJR. I have always beleived in supporting the "local shop" if they are worth it, and in my experience Cliff, Craig, Mike and Jim are great people and so I'll put my money on the people and relationship rather than trying to save a few bucks; time will tell.

So far I really like the bike and can't wait to get through the 600 and 900 miles so I can open it up. I would like to ride some time and if you want to get a hold of me my email is "[email protected]" so drop me a note and I'll ride down the hill some time.

Regards,

AZ

I finally had to give up trying to explain why my perfectly capable and almost new FZ1 had to go and the FJR had to replace it. I couldn't justify the price difference for the ST, especially when I liked the FJR better anyway.

Welcome!

AZ Rider,

Your story sounds all to familiar. I looked up Hereford, AZ and see it's not too far from Tombstone which is one of my favorite ride destinations. I'll give you a shout next time I head that way. Congrats on the new FJR. It just keeps getting better and better.

BC

Phoenix

ST has a weird look to it.I didn't like it because it looks like a Suzuki scooter at a glance.It also doesn't sound like a bike, more like a sewing machine.The FJR is a pure sport bike,with a little added comfort and conveniences(OK alot of them) :rolleyes: I've got 6000 miles on it and not a single complaint.

I think the ST is a great bike but much more sedate than the FJR. Other than the heat and weight issue I couldn't find a fault with the machine. I think an ST if well maintained could go 250K miles without a hitch. That darned V-4 is just bulletproof for a fact.

The FJR feels lighter, accelerates quicker and handles like it can "see" the curves. There is something about the FJR that inspires confidence and straightens out the curves. So far the FJR is living up to everything I've read on this site and elsewhere.

As far as the longevity of the machine, I take maticulous care of my bikes so we'll see how it holds up. If everyone is right I should have years of great riding ahead of me. :rolleyes:

AZ

FJR1300..... The Darkside??? Lord help keep me away from the light!!!!

I had not ridden in about 16 years.... As I do with most everything... I hit the web to see what was out there.... I hit Suzuki, Honda and Yamaha.... Well the instant the FJR1300 page opened up.... I FELTED THE FORCE!!!! It was strong within this FJR1300 picture.... I called to me... It made me run to the bank and grab loads of cash and somehow guided me to the local dealer.... The rest is history and 30,000 plus miles and 18 months later.... NOTHING has been able to even remotely pull me away... No other bike I have seen or ridden feels and performs like my 2005 FJR1300....

Welcome aboard!