New Guy w/question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les

Reaction score
Hello all new guy here. Had my 06 FJR for a week and a half now 350 miles love it cant stay off it. I have a question I cant find the answer for how do yoy adjust the slack in the throttle cable.

Thanks guys

BTW great forum lots of good info.

There is a fitting in the sheath of the cable a couple of inches down from the throttle end. It is hidden under a rubber protector. If you need to make a bigger adjustment you need to go to the other end of the cable, behind the fairing where it attaches to the throttle bodies, to pull some slack out of it.

After you tighten the cable up make sure that you can swing your bars to the stops in both directions without pulling tension on the throttle cable.

Welcome to the board. Follow the cable down from the throttle and you'll se a thick spot a few inches away. That are is flexible rubber that can be slid back and expose a jam nut arrangement for adjustment of the throttle cable.

As a newbie I suggest visiting the FAQ section of the site and learning the Search feature. Try +cable +slack in there and you might find some other related discussions.

:rolleyes: If I may also add a hearty welcome to you Les, and as you noticed the people on this board are a wealth of information and are literally able to answer any question you have about the FJR.

I think it's partly due to the fact that we have such a high percentage of engineers and mechanics who own FJR's and are on this sight, they can tell you theory, and practical personal experience.

Welcome to the nuthouse.....

I think it's partly due to the fact that we have such a high percentage of engineers and mechanics who own FJR's and are on this sight,

So the rest of us are used to explaining things so even THEY can understand.

Welcome. Enjoy your FJR & ride safe.
2247302-plus1.gif
Heavy on the safe part, please. I'm running out of room on my helmet for stickers depicting the member numbers of deceased FJR pilots. We've lost two this year that we know of (1 bike-related, 1 not).
And go fill in your profile info, and maybe even introduce yourself in the new member section!

There is a fitting in the sheath of the cable a couple of inches down from the throttle end. It is hidden under a rubber protector. If you need to make a bigger adjustment you need to go to the other end of the cable, behind the fairing where it attaches to the throttle bodies, to pull some slack out of it.
After you tighten the cable up make sure that you can swing your bars to the stops in both directions without pulling tension on the throttle cable.
Hey, I adjusted my cable just today (double checking here to see if was done right) as I put fresh oil in and ready the bike for another epic 1200+ miles up to Tahoe out to Tonopah :clapping: and back home. Welcome to all that are new and THANKS to you helpful veterans. (I'll probably be greasing the shaft splines soon.)

Welcome. Enjoy your FJR & ride safe.
2247302-plus1.gif
Heavy on the safe part, please. I'm running out of room on my helmet for stickers depicting the member numbers of deceased FJR pilots. We've lost two this year that we know of (1 bike-related, 1 not).
And go fill in your profile info, and maybe even introduce yourself in the new member section!
yea welcome!

if ya fill out your bio your home town will show up in your avtar box every time you post then i will know if you live next door :clapping: