New helmet idea

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joker

Reaction score
I think it's great idea to have a HUD display in a bike helmet, as long as it's not overpowering. https://www.digitalafro.com/very-cool-new-helmet-gives-motorcycle-riders-augmented-reality-like-iron-man/ We'll find out later next year, I guess, how well they work.

BTW, How is it FJR related? Check out the video on that page
smile.png

Cool post! I'm in to HUD and will buy as soon a workable portable (ala - Google Glass) solution hits the market. Don't want to base the purchase of a helmet on the electronics it contains but rather other factors, like quietness, airflow, weight, protection, aesthetics, etc.

Cool post! I'm in to HUD and will buy as soon a workable portable (ala - Google Glass) solution hits the market. Don't want to base the purchase of a helmet on the electronics it contains but rather other factors, like quietness, airflow, weight, protection, aesthetics, etc.
Big manufacturers can't really pin down all of those factors, so I wouldn't expect somebody as small as these newcomers to be able to do it. Hope I'm wrong.

Not sure I want all that stuff in my field of vision; actually (personally) I don't want any of that stuff in my view. Others may find this a useful product though; and while not cheap, seems reasonable for a light weight carbon fiber helmet (taking into the HUD as the premium factor).