New Highway pegs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could we have a pic of the side of the bike with someone using the pegs,
I would like to see the drivers position, if u don t mind
thats kinda tough right now i as dont have anyone to take a picture. But i will say that with my feet on the pegs i can easilly rest my elbows on my knees. Might sound weird but is kinda comfy, I like resting my calfs on them with my legs out straight.

Richard

you mean like this, not very clear but a little dark in tthe garage right now.
<Image snipped>
Perfect!

It looks and feels a bit high for my comfort, so I was thinking of using some of Skyway's '06 sliders, mounted to my lower motor mount bolt and poked through the fairing. It would give better plastic protection and a more comfortable footrest position.

you mean like this, not very clear but a little dark in tthe garage right now.
<Image snipped>
Perfect!

It looks and feels a bit high for my comfort, so I was thinking of using some of Skyway's '06 sliders, mounted to my lower motor mount bolt and poked through the fairing. It would give better plastic protection and a more comfortable footrest position.
I dont think these will work with Ian's sliders as his have a much bigger hole in the middle. I think you are right in that the lower postion would be better but you have to work with what you got i guess.

Let say this, these will only work as they aree with the motovation sliders 03-05.

I will talk to the guy who made them and make sure he is happy for you guys to call then i will send you his number. He has Kaitsdads slider i believe so you could make them for the skyway sliders.

Will keep you posted.

Richard

[SIZE=18pt]Toecutter sent u a PM[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I am thinking of structural integrity more than anything. Will drilling & mounting things to the slider allow them to perform as designed if used? I'm not talking about just dropping your bike, either.
Of course none of us intend to use them... but if the need unexpectedly arises?

To each his/her own.

I agree with ya luvtoride, I see the bike flipping when these hit the ground, not sliding, definately won't slide !! :unsure:

I am thinking of structural integrity more than anything. Will drilling & mounting things to the slider allow them to perform as designed if used? I'm not talking about just dropping your bike, either.
Of course none of us intend to use them... but if the need unexpectedly arises?

To each his/her own.

I agree with ya luvtoride, I see the bike flipping when these hit the ground, not sliding, definately won't slide !! :unsure:
I'd be more worried about the pegs popping off and stabbing into a thigh or side.

I had this same idea , I thought to use Skyway's Aluminum sliders for extra strength.

IMGP0857-1.jpg

IMGP0860.jpg

Tried to mock it up in wood to get a feeling for it, I think I would go with a flat pad style for comfort.

The wild bill pegs with my set up (up and out) are the first to touch down in hard cornering. Also resting my calf on top of the wild bill peg is the most comfortable , but I fear a quick swerve will snap my ankle.

This set up using the sliders significantly raises your foot so cornering clearance is not an issue.

My concern with these would be... what happens if you really need to use the slider? I didn't think the slider was there to mount stuff to. Maybe I've missed the whole point of my sliders?
Whatever's mounted to the sliders will probably get cleaned off pretty quick with that 700lbs of moving mass grinding away at the top of it.
It may actually save my sliders :rolleyes: They were cheaper than the sliders so if it saves me money thats cool.

Ofcourse i dont want to ever use the slider so it is a mute point.

so who seriously wants some?

Richard
what about mounting an additional set of sliders to the highway pegs you have shown? then, you have sliders to protect your highway pegs that are mounted to your original sliders. then if you take off the highway pegs, you still have sliders.

( :

I had this same idea , I thought to use Skyway's Aluminum sliders for extra strength.
IMGP0857-1.jpg

IMGP0860.jpg

Tried to mock it up in wood to get a feeling for it, I think I would go with a flat pad style for comfort.

The wild bill pegs with my set up (up and out) are the first to touch down in hard cornering. Also resting my calf on top of the wild bill peg is the most comfortable , but I fear a quick swerve will snap my ankle.

This set up using the sliders significantly raises your foot so cornering clearance is not an issue.
those dowels have "jdeez's fairing feelers" written all over them.

( :

The coolest thing about highway pegs on an FJR is that Harley riders see your legs sticking out in the wind as you approach - they figure you must be on American Iron if you're ridin' that way, so they wave......and then pull their hand in real quick when they realize it's a rice grinder! Makes me LMAO every time it happens!

Ok so I guess I should formally state I am in fact interested, if the Inner diameter could be matched to Skyways Aluminum sliders.

:) That's funny right there! A great visual ...

The coolest thing about highway pegs on an FJR is that Harley riders see your legs sticking out in the wind as you approach - they figure you must be on American Iron if you're ridin' that way, so they wave......and then pull their hand in real quick when they realize it's a rice grinder! Makes me LMAO every time it happens!

I do.

Looks like three or four of us so far. Can you post a pic of the unit by itself, so we can get an idea of how they're constructed?
Toecutter. I will buy a set... I have A set of terry's now but there are a little too close.. I have skyway's sliders installed. Will they work with them or do I have to buy motonation's?? I have paypal. 07 FJR abs.

Lucky

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah yes, I would like a set of these as well. I prefer this location to the lower wild bill configuration.

Just installed these today. Have not tried them yet but they seem to be nice and comfy and very easy to install or remove when you want to.[SIZE=18pt]Now you see them[/SIZE]

DSC_7224.jpg

DSC_7223.jpg

[SIZE=18pt]Now you dont[/SIZE]

DSC_7226.jpg

Thoughts???

Richard

I like them,

did you decide to sell them?

btw do you have the complete muzzy system installed? any issues with scraping?

Thanks

GUYS<GUYS<GUYS!!!! Two words for you, Leo Drolet , he makes these slider peg mounts out of machined aluminum for $65.00 shipped to to your door in less than two days. you can find him at 1-401-225-7090 or at [email protected] . I put a pair on my '06 FJR and added a pair of Kuryaken 4" longhorn off-sets. I will try to post some pics ASAP. Thanks, Jevers

My concern with these would be... what happens if you really need to use the slider? I didn't think the slider was there to mount stuff to. Maybe I've missed the whole point of my sliders?
Whatever's mounted to the sliders will probably get cleaned off pretty quick with that 700lbs of moving mass grinding away at the top of it.
It may actually save my sliders :rolleyes: They were cheaper than the sliders so if it saves me money thats cool.

Ofcourse i dont want to ever use the slider so it is a mute point.

Richard
I have seen proof that sliders in some cases make the bike gain speed in a slide before impact so don't rely on sliders to be very helpful.

Strangely enough i just took those off this very day and mounted some Will bill highway pegs, I have to say they are way more comfy than the ones in the sliders.

oh and buy the way i got those in 2 days also. shipped on Monday here today :lol:

R