Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrick_c999

Reaction score
hi I'm Patrick,
I am currently in the process of acquiring a 2004 fjr1300 in blue.
I've been riding bikes for 14 years, started of on a Varadero - moving onto a gs500 - bandit 600 - xj6 diversion - bandit 1200 (stage 3 dynojet) had a brief break from biking (had kids) then came back with a triumph tiger 955i (bag of s%$*) which is once again broken 😂

I'm looking forward to clocking up the miles touring and exploring the continent (if the wife lets me)

Congratulations. Is the 2004 you plan to buy the ABS version? If so, see if you can check to make sure the rear ABS works - a fair number failed when the owners didn't maintain them properly or "exercise" them regularly. A wet or sandy asphalt parking lot is a safe test venue...

hi I'm Patrick,
I am currently in the process of acquiring a 2004 fjr1300 in blue.
I've been riding bikes for 14 years, started of on a Varadero - moving onto a gs500 - bandit 600 - xj6 diversion - bandit 1200 (stage 3 dynojet) had a brief break from biking (had kids) then came back with a triumph tiger 955i (bag of s%$*) which is once again broken 😂

I'm looking forward to clocking up the miles touring and exploring the continent (if the wife lets me)
Welcome from Arendal, Norway. Ride safe 🏍️🙏.