New Mv Handlebar Risers with angle adjustment!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The riser kit looks nice and effective but my GPS tech mount wouldn't work with it.

On their web site, there is a pdf of the install instructions. Apparantly for non AE bike models a mod needs to be done to the clutch cable routing. But seems easy. Also the throttle and brake lines need some slight adjustments on all bikes. Also seem to be easy. Otherwise it just is bolt off/bolt on and adjust to suit.

Probably a nice quality farcle. Those krauts do good work.

I went all the way up to the end of checkout on the riser for the 2006+ bike. After subtracting VAT tax that we dont have to pay in the US and adding freight to WA, and using an exchange rate of 1.26 for Euros to dollars, the bottom line cost is about $248 (shipping is about $72 of the $248). Seems like a quality item. Someone get one and do the install and write a review.

So do I understand this correctly, that all you have to do is take off the existing handlebars, bolt this thing over the existing triple tree and then bolt the handlebars to the new riser? And that the bars can be rotated in/out as desired with somewhat infinite adjustment?

I think it's an item worthy of consideration if the install and adjustment is as i think.
That's correct 'bucky'!for the installation..

I hope someone buy one and write a review soon....

The instructions don't mention drilling out the ignition key security bolts. If that is in fact the case then its a big advantage.
Yes!the only you have to do,you put it on the triple clamp..thats all..!

Have a good look to the immages down of the large photo...

On their web site, there is a pdf of the install instructions. Apparantly for non AE bike models a mod needs to be done to the clutch cable routing. But seems easy. Also the throttle and brake lines need some slight adjustments on all bikes. Also seem to be easy. Otherwise it just is bolt off/bolt on and adjust to suit.

Probably a nice quality farcle. Those krauts do good work.
They said brake,clutch,throttle lines not need to remove or adjust nothing...

The riser kit looks nice and effective but my GPS tech mount wouldn't work with it.
Yes..

The tech mount can not work with it..if someone buy it,he must find an other place for the GPS..
I wonder if one could replace one of the standard nuts with a tall nut and put a ram ball on top. Does that make sense? I tried to find a photo to illustrate the idea, but couldn't find one.

Yes..

The tech mount can not work with it..if someone buy it,he must find an other place for the GPS..
I wonder if one could replace one of the standard nuts with a tall nut and put a ram ball on top. Does that make sense? I tried to find a photo to illustrate the idea, but couldn't find one.
I think it is possible to doing... :) ;)

Yes..

Behind the MV emblem(sticker)if you see in the photos there is a hole..i think is easy to put there a screw with a flat head from the behind side and screw it on a ram ball... ;)

On the pdf instructions, for the clutch, brake and throttle lines, all that it looks like you need to do is use a different bracket (supplied) to attach the lines using existing threaded holes in the bike. It does look like you have to lift up and forward the block that holds the brake and throttle lines on the right side. They said the lines that go back from that connection are all soft copper so they are easy to pry up and forward about 3/4 inches or so each way.

Come on! who is going to get the atta boy of being #1 to buy, install and review?

I looked and couldn't find an address. They appear to be in Germany, if I can get an address and if it's near where I'll be in the fall I'll stop by and check it out. Might even buy one. :)

-MD

On the pdf instructions, for the clutch, brake and throttle lines, all that it looks like you need to do is use a different bracket (supplied) to attach the lines using existing threaded holes in the bike. It does look like you have to lift up and forward the block that holds the brake and throttle lines on the right side. They said the lines that go back from that connection are all soft copper so they are easy to pry up and forward about 3/4 inches or so each way.

Come on! who is going to get the atta boy of being #1 to buy, install and review?
You are right 'bucky'!just now i see the pdf instructions..I think it is easy to do..

I hope soon somebody buy one and write a review..???!!!

Ok. So I guess I'll be the first. After looking at my options I like the idea of these best. With the variable angle, ease of install, etc. found a US distributor who's actually placing an order tonight and had been curious about this riser. Hopefully will have in about a week and can do a review/write up on it. (warning I'm not the best review writer)

Ok. So I guess I'll be the first. After looking at my options I like the idea of these best. With the variable angle, ease of install, etc. found a US distributor who's actually placing an order tonight and had been curious about this riser. Hopefully will have in about a week and can do a review/write up on it. (warning I'm not the best review writer)
/cheer

That is greate!!

We are waiting for your review..!! :)

I'm looking forward to hearing about this. I don't really need mine higher but having them an inch or two back would be prime.

I'm looking forward to hearing about this. I don't really need mine higher but having them an inch or two back would be prime.
+1. Though I would like them angled out a few more deg. as well as 2" back. These appear to lose the "back" advantage as you angle them out more.

+1. Though I would like them angled out a few more deg. as well as 2" back. These appear to lose the "back" advantage as you angle them out more.
Yeah, I have a feeling I'll have to go with a MCL plate to get them in the right spot. I'm holding out for now, tho. I have a couple of long days (~1000mi) coming up so I'll see how my back feels.