New Mv Handlebar Risers with angle adjustment!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking forward to hearing about this. I don't really need mine higher but having them an inch or two back would be prime.
+1. Though I would like them angled out a few more deg. as well as 2" back. These appear to lose the "back" advantage as you angle them out more.
Agreed. I'm not sure I need mine to come back much at all... I do prefer sitting more upright (it's what I'm more used to) but so far have been enjoying scooting back on the seat and leaning over a little bit (better for the butt anyways)

I've been getting a little bit of right shoulder pain, but the worst has been the right wrist (after a 140+mi ride, it hurt for a day or 2) after riding a few short rides, and looking at things, I think the angle is the biggest culprit in this. So I'm most interested in the angle adjustment... The shoulder could be from needing the bars back some too... but I can always scoot up on the seat and get near the tank for a more upright fit... The Seat is getting redone next month so that will help with the butt anyways.

I don't necissarily like being the first or "ginnie pig" but I don't like how involved the install is on every other riser on the market, nor not knowing if the 1degree of the helibars, or 4degree of the MCL would be the most appropriate.

I'm looking forward to hearing about this. I don't really need mine higher but having them an inch or two back would be prime.
+1. Though I would like them angled out a few more deg. as well as 2" back. These appear to lose the "back" advantage as you angle them out more.
Agreed. I'm not sure I need mine to come back much at all... I do prefer sitting more upright (it's what I'm more used to) but so far have been enjoying scooting back on the seat and leaning over a little bit (better for the butt anyways)

I've been getting a little bit of right shoulder pain, but the worst has been the right wrist (after a 140+mi ride, it hurt for a day or 2) after riding a few short rides, and looking at things, I think the angle is the biggest culprit in this. So I'm most interested in the angle adjustment... The shoulder could be from needing the bars back some too... but I can always scoot up on the seat and get near the tank for a more upright fit... The Seat is getting redone next month so that will help with the butt anyways.

I don't necissarily like being the first or "ginnie pig" but I don't like how involved the install is on every other riser on the market, nor not knowing if the 1degree of the helibars, or 4degree of the MCL would be the most appropriate.
I agree with you!

I think the angle on the factory fjr's handlebar is good for sport use..and not for touring use..i hope the MV adapter will help a lot..!!When you ride and put your palms over the hand grips to a more straigt potition..you feel more comfortable...i hope you will feel and the same with the MV adapter..We are waitting for your reviews..and we hope you feel more happy with those adapters..!!(sorry for my not good english...)

if there was a us distributor, I would order for quick delivery and install for a quick 3.5 day trip I have planned (1300 miles of MT, WA, OR, and ID) coming this thursday, with a nice write up each day, I am a RAZR MAXX internet junkie.

SO Any news on who the US distributor is? is it top secret?

if there was a us distributor, I would order for quick delivery and install for a quick 3.5 day trip I have planned (1300 miles of MT, WA, OR, and ID) coming this thursday, with a nice write up each day, I am a RAZR MAXX internet junkie.

You can e-mail them..They can tell you if a dealer in NA is available..or perhaps they can send you it with fast delivery courier...

Okay fellas, after careful review, I sprung for it. My wrists are uncomfortable after 500 mile loops. Good that I'm doing this now because I'm traveling to SoCal later this summer. Ordered it Wednesday and according to UPS, it scheduled for a quick delivery on the 11th. Somehow, I don't have faith for delivery from Germany in less than a week. Then again, I have never ordered anything from out of the US. Standby for eval in the coming months. :yahoo:

Okay fellas, after careful review, I sprung for it. My wrists are uncomfortable after 500 mile loops. Good that I'm doing this now because I'm traveling to SoCal later this summer. Ordered it Wednesday and according to UPS, it scheduled for a quick delivery on the 11th. Somehow, I don't have faith for delivery from Germany in less than a week. Then again, I have never ordered anything from out of the US. Standby for eval in the coming months. :yahoo:
Hope you receive it soon..!!

We are waiting for your review..!!

Do you have installed a handlebar riser now on your bike?or only handlebars and triple clamp?

Sorry guys I'm at work and can't writ much. Just saw this and that I've got a couple pm's I'll respond to when I get home.

I didn't want to say until I knew how well they did. Don't want to recommend them just yet. Though I've heard they are good from a local shop I trust and work with all the time.

www.creativecycleconcepts.com/

I can't remember who to talk to but he was curious to see this peice himself and was going to order it regardless of wether I bought one or not. I told him I wanted it. Interestingy enough I just got a USPS tracking number emailed to me in the last hour or so!

So it might actually already be on gs way to me. If so I may have it by tommorow as these guys are only a state away from me and stuff is usually next day. Worst case I should have it Monday. I will post pics as soon as I have it. And do an install/review ASAP.

They might have ordered an extra or might be holding out for me to talk to them. He wanted me to send photos etc and let them know how it was. Tell them William from alb at (referred by Don @ mr eds Moto) sent you. I don't know if it will get you anything but I told him he'd likely have other forum members comig his way. So maybe he will cut a deal or something.

I can't belive it possibly could have already showed up. But I'll take it! :)

Oh and you'll had to call them. It's not online.

Just called them. Keith is who I talked to. They did get one extra. They shipped mine today. So I may have it for the weekend. Cool!

Do you have installed a handlebar riser now on your bike?or only handlebars and triple clamp?
So I've got the GenMar risers on the feejer. The triple clamp system wasn't one that I was interested in because it accomplished the same as the less expensive GenMar ones. The GenMar ones work as advertised. I like farkles but being made of money I am not. My wrists aren't the greatest due to wear and tear from hittin' the weight pile so this I consider a worthy investment. According to the UPS tracking, as of now, this item is airborne and enroute to KY. Expected arrival is still Monday. I will post an initial review regarding fit, finish, ease of install, and first impressions. Later, a more in-depth review of how well it works.

Good news..!!

So we are waitting..for the reviews..and hope they are really good..and make you,us.. happy..!!

After that i will buy and for me one..mine is a 2003/ABS and i will buy this with the thermometer on..

Nice gadget..!!and very useful..!!The Gen 1 has not a thermometer like the Gen 2 bikes...

One of the first rules of long distance rides...never "try out" mods on your trip.

So I've got the GenMar risers on the feejer. The triple clamp system wasn't one that I was interested in because it accomplished the same as the less expensive GenMar ones. The GenMar ones work as advertised. I like farkles but being made of money I am not. My wrists aren't the greatest due to wear and tear from hittin' the weight pile so this I consider a worthy investment. According to the UPS tracking, as of now, this item is airborne and enroute to KY. Expected arrival is still Monday. I will post an initial review regarding fit, finish, ease of install, and first impressions. Later, a more in-depth review of how well it works.
You realize that my next farkle expenditure of my hard earned $$ may rest solely on your review. No pressure... ;)

Ok boys and girls... So I had a package when I got home tonight. I promptly of course opened it and went to work (I had this grand, master plan to video the install, etc, but that all went out the window when I got the parts... plus i was hoping to do it over a weekend) This is just initial thoughts, and impressions... just trying to throw it out as it comes to me, and don't have much time to really write anything nice up....

Install went uneventful... I have an AE, so didn't have to mess with the clutch cable/bracket thing. I had a little difficulty on the brake cable clamp, until I realized (after looking at the photo again) I was trying to install the bracket the wrong way... it went very easily once turned around... OooPS :eek:

Quality, finish, etc very good. Looked good with the bike, and seemed to match ok.

I particularly liked the bolt/screw covers they supply to hide those (seen in the MFG photo, the black plugs)

I didn't pay attention to the time, but approx 15-20min install, probably took a little longer since I was being an idiot with the brake line bracket. Very easy.

What I liked, was what I was expecting, ZERO permanent modification to the bike, and basically no modification, other than to re-route a couple lines by just moving them around. Anyone who can use a wrench can do this.

What I didn't like, was something I was expecting and prepared for... no real easy way to make sure both bars are at the same angle... though I feel fairly confident they are within .25-.5 degrees of each other or less. I found a couple of ways to visually check.

I did a couple short test rides with the bars in about 3 different positions. One with the bars out a good bit, it felt comfy in the shop, a "natural" hand/wrist angle... didn't like it much when ridding, it wasn't bad, but it was more like my scooter, and just didn't feel right... I could probably get used to it... but my shoulders actually didn't feel good, like I was reaching for the bars...

Position 2 was back slightly, but still forward of stock... pretty much kind of half way in between... it was better, but still felt off...

Postion 3 was back as far as they would come (stock) and felt good, partially as I think I've started to get used to the stock angle... but my right wrist doesn't feel right like that, I have to not fully grip the bar to keep my wrist from being angled funny and ultimately causing pain.

When I got back home, I tweaked them again, but didn't ride... pushed them forward from stock just a few degrees, just to where it felt a little more natural on the wrist, but not as far out as I'd previously had them.

Time will tell on that part, it will be an ongoing test... I'm hoping my seat guy can maybe shine some light on how to position them when we do the seat, or preferably before then.

We are waiting for your final review..maybe you must take with you your tools and make on road adjustments for the finaly potition..

Ok boys and girls... So I had a package when I got home tonight. I promptly of course opened it and went to work (I had this grand, master plan to video the install, etc, but that all went out the window when I got the parts... plus i was hoping to do it over a weekend) This is just initial thoughts, and impressions... just trying to throw it out as it comes to me, and don't have much time to really write anything nice up....

Install went uneventful... I have an AE, so didn't have to mess with the clutch cable/bracket thing. I had a little difficulty on the brake cable clamp, until I realized (after looking at the photo again) I was trying to install the bracket the wrong way... it went very easily once turned around... OooPS :eek:

Quality, finish, etc very good. Looked good with the bike, and seemed to match ok.

I particularly liked the bolt/screw covers they supply to hide those (seen in the MFG photo, the black plugs)

I didn't pay attention to the time, but approx 15-20min install, probably took a little longer since I was being an idiot with the brake line bracket. Very easy.

What I liked, was what I was expecting, ZERO permanent modification to the bike, and basically no modification, other than to re-route a couple lines by just moving them around. Anyone who can use a wrench can do this.

What I didn't like, was something I was expecting and prepared for... no real easy way to make sure both bars are at the same angle... though I feel fairly confident they are within .25-.5 degrees of each other or less. I found a couple of ways to visually check.

I did a couple short test rides with the bars in about 3 different positions. One with the bars out a good bit, it felt comfy in the shop, a "natural" hand/wrist angle... didn't like it much when ridding, it wasn't bad, but it was more like my scooter, and just didn't feel right... I could probably get used to it... but my shoulders actually didn't feel good, like I was reaching for the bars...

Position 2 was back slightly, but still forward of stock... pretty much kind of half way in between... it was better, but still felt off...

Postion 3 was back as far as they would come (stock) and felt good, partially as I think I've started to get used to the stock angle... but my right wrist doesn't feel right like that, I have to not fully grip the bar to keep my wrist from being angled funny and ultimately causing pain.

When I got back home, I tweaked them again, but didn't ride... pushed them forward from stock just a few degrees, just to where it felt a little more natural on the wrist, but not as far out as I'd previously had them.

Time will tell on that part, it will be an ongoing test... I'm hoping my seat guy can maybe shine some light on how to position them when we do the seat, or preferably before then.
It sounds like what I had suspected; if you angle the bars out to a comfortable degree, you do not have the "closer to you" effect any more but they are still higher though.

Yeah, I'm probably going to throw the allen and socket wrench in the bag to take to work with me for a while.

Honestly, I think even with the bars angled forward more, they still come back closer... I'm sure at some point they probably get close to the stock distance away or further... I probably didn't push mine past about the 5degree mark. I think the 10degree mark would have been way to flat an angle for me... more like a mountain bike or something similar.

I think it was more how it felt to me... I think I was still more upright, but it just felt weird for me on my shoulders at that angle. I've also been riding nearly every day since I bought the bike just over a week ago and have several hundred miles on it already. So I've likely gotten somewhat used to the position, and will need to tweak it slowly and get re-used to it.

I think it's going to be better in the long run... My back was also already hurting from work the day before (my office chair or something was really getting to me) so it might not have been the best time to really try it...

I'm going to ride to work this morning as usual, and should have a better feeling in a couple days... I'm hoping only a couple times of fiddling with the angle, and I'll have it right... Both MCL and Helibars only change the bar angle 1-4degrees, so I suspect the 4-10 on this might be overkill except for a few select riders...

When you look at it, it's fairly obvious the bars have moved back, just looking at where they used to mount.

ALso, looks like final price was around $290.xx shipped!

I believe 1/3 forward or maximum 1/2 will be the ideal potition of this riser..i think is unpossible you have all in one..!For a fast riding the ideal potition is the handlebars with closing angles..for a relax touring ride the handlebars must going forward..this i think...

I think the next weekend is a good time for you to find your correct angle potition..Dont forget,the body need some time for an adaptation in the new ride potition..Heli and MCL costs more money and you need to make much more modifications to fit them on the bike..main switch..etc...With MV raiser you take and the angle adjustment with zero modifications and with a cheaper price...In next month i will buy mine MV with thermometer on..i like it very..!!

I agree with you!

I think the angle on the factory fjr's handlebar is good for sport use..and not for touring use..i hope the MV adapter will help a lot..!!When you ride and put your palms over the hand grips to a more straigt potition..you feel more comfortable...i hope you will feel and the same with the MV adapter..We are waitting for your reviews..and we hope you feel more happy with those adapters..!!(sorry for my not good english...)
Yup, I think this is exactly right and it's funny that I just started to notice this in the last couple days. I think that is where much of my cramping and fatigue is coming from. I noticed that my hand naturally wants to be straighter than the bar angle allows.Not sure if I like the price yet but will keep watching.

I agree with you!

Yup, I think this is exactly right and it's funny that I just started to notice this in the last couple days. I think that is where much of my cramping and fatigue is coming from. I noticed that my hand naturally wants to be straighter than the bar angle allows.Not sure if I like the price yet but will keep watching.
;) :)