New NorCal FJR owner?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure am happy for ya OM. Bet you still have a smile from ear to ear. Can't blame ya . . . I would too. :D

Don't let Bust be a bother. He's just jealous, now you have a prettier bike than his.

Glad to see your back in the saddle. :yahoo: :yahoo:

[SIZE=12pt]That's one nice ride there! Haaa...Cobalt Blue - A favorite color of mine and many others. [/SIZE]

Keep it shiny this time eh? :D

Congrats and happy riding. B)

OM, you just made my day! That picture of you standing next to your new ride, with the old smile firmly in place says it all.

I've not had the pleasure of your acquaintance yet, but hope to solve that problem in the future, now that you've mended and have decided to swing your leg over another bike. I followed your painful ordeal after your little off-road excursion, and was happy that you managed to come through that with the help of your close friends in the Sacto area...

As an old California boy myself, I recognize the good sense you showed by waiting until you got to the truck stop (Flying J at the top of the hill?) to get back on that bad boy! LA freeway traffic is NOT the place to be re-familiarizing yourself after your time off.

That is a wonderfully clean example of an 06! Glad it ended up in a good home.

Ride safe and keep smiling :D

Don

All Right !!!

Old Michael, Glad to see you're back at it.

I seem to recall that very FJR showing up in my garage about 2 years ago - and if memory serves me right, I did a few things to it.

All legal, of course. :blink: ;)

Now let me think..... what was it I did ? :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a nice scoot there OM. Some of us were actually worried about you when pictures of you in the hospital began showing up on YouTube...J/K.

Glad your back on...And I noticed you stuck with the Yellow Nolan. I woulda too.

Hey Michael,

I'm glad to see that you're back in the saddle! You still have your BMS don't you?

Looks like deja vu all over again. Just pay attention and try not to fly any more.

Congrats. Nice ride!

OM, good to see you back in the saddle again. You got yourself a nice bike and a sweet deal. Take care of yourself and the bike. Remember, slow and easy (yeah right)! Look forward to riding with you some day. B)

Great ending to this chapter! (damned good deal on the bike also)

Onward and upward. B)

Nice bike old man.... Now you will have to saddle up and start riding again....I guess I can anticipate your abuse again now that you have a toy to ride. What are you doing next weekend? Susan and I promised you dinner when you healed up... You were missed. Too bad it isn't a black cherry one. They go faster..... Rich

P. S. Let's sign up for flying lessons!

Welcome back Dude :party: :party: :party: :party:

Its great to see ya back in the saddle... it takes time bro.... :punk: :punk:

Ok OM, getting ready to sign off for the night and I read this! Made my day. Best therapy is gettin back in the saddle to get your mind right. And don't listen to these other wana-be's, the new blue one is better looking and faster than the others and has better landing abilities due to the longer wheelbase and more stable suspension. So let me know when your up to a ride and maybe even some other pilots will join us. And did you say 2000 mi. on the odo? She ain't even broke in yet. Cooool. PM. <>< :yahoo:

Glad to see that you are back on the bike. Where are the side bags, or you waiting to try and figure out how to mount the Goldwing Air bags there. Also this might help with the landing next time.
abs.jpg

There, I geared up and very nervously "got back on that horse." A lot of things go through one's mind. It was a bit difficult. I've concluded that some of my injuries

are going to continue to annoy me for quite awhile. That's okay though.
Glad to hear you're back in the saddle and this time we mean it - "SHINY SIDE *UP*!"

Well OM, glad to see you're back on two wheels.

So when ya gonna get up to Quincy so we can take a run out La Porte Rd? This time, though, you need to keep it between the cliffs!

Ray

So when ya gonna get up to Quincy so we can take a run out La Porte Rd?
Bandit12, I actually DO want to get back up there. One of my sidecase covers is up there somewhere.

I haven't been that way since, and it's a great ride as you well know.

But isn't it already a bit chilly? I'm not some hardass northerner from Owosso or friggin' Minnesota y'know. :D

Perhaps next summer?

And THANKS - everyone else (except Dr. Rich) - for the good words.