New o8 is in garage

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quebec FJR

Reaction score
Picked up new 08 this week. Just curious how everyone washes their bike and what products they use.

I usually hose mine down and wash with Turtle wax car soap. Will use Plexus on all plastic parts and wax my gas tank.

Yeah, what is this washing thing? Just ride!

Here in WA state, we get very little times of no rain. So washing is a waste of time. But on those few occasions that I do wash, I use car wash soap and a sponge.

Picked up new 08 this week. Just curious how everyone washes their bike and what products they use.I usually hose mine down and wash with Turtle wax car soap. Will use Plexus on all plastic parts and wax my gas tank.
You gotta keep a black bike clean.

I mix up a spray bottle with 50/50 Whisk liquid laundry detergent and water. Spray the whole bike and let it soak. Then rinse with just the hose and use my bare hand to loosen anything stubborn. The bugs on the windshield usually need a second soak and rub. Dry it with a clean towel. I like Eagle One Wipe & Shine on the paint, and Pearle eyeglass polish on the shield.

Here in WA state, we get very little times of no rain. So washing is a waste of time. But on those few occasions that I do wash, I use car wash soap and a sponge.

Just like all of you 206 area coder, there is another Washington and it doesn't rain (much). (They think they own the state, oh yea, they do).

Anyway over here we wash, just like the rest of the civilized world. And maguire's makes a product, cant remember name, a sealer/resealer that I used on my black cars. Removes swirls perfectly.

Just like all of you 206 area coder, there is another Washington and it doesn't rain (much). (They think they own the state, oh yea, they do).

Anyway over here we wash, just like the rest of the civilized world. And maguire's makes a product, cant remember name, a sealer/resealer that I used on my black cars. Removes swirls perfectly.
And just where is this civilized "Wenatchee"? Gezundheit!

How dare you insult me by calling me a 206 area coder ! :angry2: I'm a proud 253 area coder ! :yahoo:

And I know you get rain east of the mountains. I got caught last June coming back from Montana on my Blackbird. Rained from the the Gorge all the way home on I90. I should note that until I hit Snoqualmie pass it was only a shower; after that someone opened the tap full force. :dribble: I felt sorry for the HOG riders I was riding with that wore assless chaps and beanie helmets. My rainsuit and full face helmet worked much better than their getup.

I usualy only wash when the wheels start to get grimey.

Mostly use this sh*t and man it rocks....found it from another forum member

Captian Richard's Best

For the windshield, the Cee Bailey cleaner and All Kleer , that was originally designed for aircraft use. Works great on the helmet and visor too, especially for bugs. Lots of distributers, but I use this one.

Between the Capt. Richards and All Kleer, I spend about 30 minutes after riding, and the bike always looks primo. The H-D crew down the road starts the day polishing, I go ride for 1/2 day, come back, and they are still at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got an '08 and have been using Meguire's NXT Tech Wax 2.0. It goes on in a really thin film and buffs off very easily. It leaves a very clear, very smooth finish. I have been quite happy with it so far. :clapping:

Picked up new 08 this week. Just curious how everyone washes their bike and what products they use.I usually hose mine down and wash with Turtle wax car soap. Will use Plexus on all plastic parts and wax my gas tank.

Congrats on the '08! I picked one up in January and love it!

As for keeping it clean (since it's black, good luck!) I took the recommendation of another forum member and bought two products from a company named Adam's Polish's. Well worth the money.

Here is the thread...

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...st&p=385862

:) can't say enough about plexus cleaner use it all the time enjoy the 08 black bikes look better in the shade!

S100 bike wash and the magnum blaster blower to dry it. Quick wax with S100 spray detailer shines it nice. Whole thing done in an hour.

Last edited by a moderator:
I simply spray the whole bike with any "spray on/wash off" cycle cleaner and then blow it off with my air compressor.

WHOLE OPERATION TAKE LESS THAN 15 MINUTES